We lost another hunter... Slideshooter/Fred Gains....

George

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
A fellow 'fuge member who isn't able to post asked me to post this up.

"Hey George...If you can my buddy Slideshooter/Fred Gaines. He just passed away. Might be someone that would like to know. He was friends with Big Daddy Gaddy, and a few more.

He was a sponsor from back in the early days. Gaines ranch, was his pheasant hunt place in Anton and duck properties he had all over west side and east side of the river. He died from complications of lung cancer. He lived in Richvale."

I didn't know him.... but it's always sad to lose brother hunters. RIP Fred, condolences to his family and I'm sorry for your loss to those who knew him.

lamsen95240

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
A fellow 'fuge member who isn't able to post asked me to post this up.

"Hey George...If you can my buddy Slideshooter/Fred Gaines. He just passed away. Might be someone that would like to know. He was friends with Big Daddy Gaddy, and a few more.

He was a sponsor from back in the early days. Gaines ranch, was his pheasant hunt place in Anton and duck properties he had all over west side and east side of the river. He died from complications of lung cancer. He lived in Richvale."

I didn't know him.... but it's always sad to lose brother hunters. RIP Fred, condolences to his family and I'm sorry for your loss to those who knew him.
Hunted there in the 70's, when I lived in Durham, a good guy

mudhen

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We hunted with Fred at a Richvale club for several seasons…

He treated us very well!

RIP Fred…

David O

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
RIP Fred

David

dukhuntnfool

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Damn sorry to hear that remember him well

hunt'ngreen

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
RIP Fred... condolences to family and close friends.

Big Daddy Gaddy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Damn. Not what I was hoping to read this morning. Fred was a good dude. Cancer sucks. Proud to have had the opportunity to share a blind with him a few times. Fun guy to hunt with...he always let me shoot first since he wasn't going to miss with that Bismuth...shared plenty of stories, and before fighting the disease even a cigar or two. He even let me have his blind for the junior hunt back when I didn't have options. RIP Fred. See you on the other side amigo.

Our last hunt with the redheads will always be one of my favorites...
4B251492-B497-461F-8A76-255BE8D4D252.JPG

Latest posts