Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Weather Apps

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Ducker 4 Ever, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

What's everyone using for weather apps? I was a happy and loyal Weather Underground for a few years, but lately their app crashes and I have had to uninstall/reinstall about a half dozen times. That's enough for me to look elsewhere.

So far I've tried Accuweather and Weather Bug, but I don't like them as much was Wunderground.

2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

I like The Weather Channel app.

J.Bennett and OneShotBandit like this.
  3. Patodor

Patodor Senior Refuge Member

I’m partial Weather Underground and had similar issues of late. Then I realized how outdated my OS was. Updating that fixed the problem. I know that’s kind of like asking if you’ve hit the reset button, but just in case.

4. Chasin 'eyes

Chasin 'eyes Senior Refuge Member

Storm Radar App by the weather channel

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  5. Ducker 4 Ever

I didn't know there was a way to manually update my OS? Normally it just pops up that a new update is available and I do it.

Im running a Galaxy S6, so the phone is a little dated, but the app worked fine for over 2 years.

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Just a theory, but I have a little bit of knowledge on the matter (take it FWIW); That phone is probably getting pretty near EOL for apps to support for updates. My buddies has started crashing and acting mad all the time, for the last couple weeks. You’re gonna start finding out soon that it won’t be able to keep up with new apps as they update. You MAY be able to find a way to force a swap back to the older version of the app, but maybe not. Some apps won’t let you downgrade.

I despise when my phone becomes obsolete to apps. My Commando did that. By the end, all I could do was make phone calls and texts. I was pizzed when I had to swap phones. Got the next iteration of what was supposed to be the updated equivalent (Commandos are ruggedized). It wasn’t equivalent. Died the first time it got wet. Now I’m on an iPhone. Don’t get an iPhone.

Mort and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  7. Ducker 4 Ever

My wife has always had iPhones and has always loved them until her latest iPhone 6.
    I think I will stick with Samsung as they've always been good to me, but I'm like you and despise getting a new phone.

8. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

Galaxy S4 with a cracked screen, checking in.

Ducker 4 Ever, markd and Silver Wings like this.
  9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Bless it’s heart... :clap

pointblind likes this.
  10. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

Storm was a really good app until The Weather Channel bought them out . I really dislike their version of Storm Radar but haven’t found much better. Intellicast used to be good but the got bought out by weather underground..... seems TWC is buying up the competition.