Weather

mikeee

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Sat on a beaver pond yesterday afternoon, nothing flying but my eight year old got his first deer. That was the 14th or 15th one we had seen that afternoon. He has been strutting around since.

mdupont

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Cold is on the way. Heard on the news that Wed morn temps in the teens and Thurs am will be around 10 with highs in the low 30's.:D
Bring on the cold weather.

NoDux

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'll admit, this weather is crazy. However, Saturday morning I had my best hunt of the year. We were in a swamp in King & Queen and had mallards pouring in on top of a buddies spinner he got for Christmas. Even had about 50 geese pass a little out of range. We normally only get passing shot at woodies in this area. The hike in was a little hot, but if the birds are there in this crazy weather, I can deal with it!

Green Boat

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Basshole here!
Went fishing Saturday. Caught some fat bass and a bunch of yellow perch.

Love that weather forecast! I have plenty shells left.

Hellbender

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Got the call that there are 15K fresh mullets on the duck ho and I still can't get off of my property. And we are looking a new storm square in the face. The temp at the duck ho this morning was -6 degrees.

flemflamman

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
You call that golf????

spring lake is a step up from that

ButchA

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by flemflamman
You call that golf????

spring lake is a step up from that

I know... I know... But hey, I consider the full size regulation 9 hole course a nice little warmup. It isn't bad when you think about it. I don't even bother with that teeny little pitch 'n putt par 3 course. That thing is a joke... Sheesh, I'll overshoot the green using a 52* wedge! :rolleyes:

Spring Lake?!? OMG :l Is that nasty old place still in business? (Burnt fairways... no sand in the sand traps, no water on any hole (why is it called Spring Lake?), and worse yet: bare spots in the greens or greens so thick/deep, you'd swear they were still part of the fairway!)

Butch
{Give me Belmont, The Crossings, or Sycamore Creek anyday!}

Latest posts