Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Well, got my Swan Creek WMA blind draw email

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by Stealyourface, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Stealyourface

Stealyourface Senior Refuge Member

and, I did not draw. Anybody here get one?

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Na. Never took the time to do the blind thing out there. Killed a bunch of ducks there over the years learning to duck hunt though. I heard new management was making some changes.

Stealyourface likes this.
  3. Stealyourface

Stealyourface Senior Refuge Member

Yeah, I haven’t hunted it in a few years. I don’t even have a blind anymore. But the way the new drawing is set up, you don’t have to have s blind until you draw.

They dropped it down from 50 to 30 spots and moved some spots around. They left a lot of room for bank hunters.

stevena198301 likes this.
  4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I spoke with a fella at work about it. He’s being kept updated from some of the guys he knows there. He mentioned big changes, but honestly, I don’t intend to hunt it this year. Maybe once. I’d like to see an overhead of the work they have been doing in the old GTR.

Stealyourface likes this.
  5. cholt

cholt Elite Refuge Member

Well I didn’t get drawn or anyone I know or hunt with even got drawn. There some folks talking that they don’t even have a blind or know where it is that did get drawn so I’m not to pleased on the new procedures they are using for it I’m hoping that there’s about 20 of the 40 that got drawn 30 picked and 10 alternates. That way there’s only about 20 blinds up there so I have some room for my boat. Anyways I’m gonna hunt up there and now that there’s only 30 blind locations really opens up the hunting for me and my boat.

FLHRC likes this.
  6. cholt

cholt Elite Refuge Member

The crow creek soa is now the only hope I have hunted there last year and it was terrible. They are gonna have to get the water out of those woods during the summer. It’s alreay killing all the timber so before long it’s gonna be solid buck brush that has no holes to hunt in. You would think that the state would put a little more time into these areas to make them worth the registration process

FLHRC and Rebranger like this.
  7. FLHRC

FLHRC New Member

I have not hunted swan creek in years, I nah this year some just because it’s close, I never have really enjoyed swan creek, always seems kind of crowded. I guess I need to do some leg work out there.