Well, here come electric airplanes.

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Simple fix .
Install a ethanol powered decelerator on the outer 2 .
Or just use big *** magnets to repell them to the opposite direction .

API

PAF-CA Flyway
Reaction score
So far I have not figured out how to make the outer two stop supplying power to the inner two so that the plane can slow down to land.....so.....yeah, we can fly across the pond, but you can't get off the plane without a parachute.
If the craft's function is limited to cargo delivery, then the parachute method might be the right approach for on site delivery.

negooseman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I see no problem with an electric airplane. I mean, I had rubberband powered ones when I was a kid, they flew ok.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simple fix .
Install a ethanol powered decelerator on the outer 2 .
Or just use big *** magnets to repell them to the opposite direction .

It doesn't fit with our business model or the name of our aircraft......the D.B. Cooperliner.

DrakeStar

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yet to see an electronic Air Force One.

SB2MAG

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like it would handle ice very well and it would be a Saint Elmo’s Fire magnet.

Iammichael6499

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like it would handle ice very well and it would be a Saint Elmo’s Fire magnet.
All-electric planes require significantly less maintenance - about 50% less. Of course, most mechanics aren't trained on maintaining electric powerplants, so there will be some growing pains over the next decade until enough folks get trained up.

At half the maintenance requirement, airlines will be able to cut not only maintenance costs but also aircraft downtime. Electric planes will thus not only cost less money to maintain but also will be able to spend more time in the air & making money.
Me too. But remember how many decades it took for that thing to get to where it could really replace horses, mules etc. And this wasn't meant to leave the ground...... How many decades before I can make that miserable Shanhai to Munich overnighter nonstop on an electric?
Probably sooner than any of us think.