Well, looks like we're raising a baby dove.

burgawboy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well if anything befalls Petey , please don't tell us as a few of us will be heartbroken .
Just keep letting us believe Petey and Mr and Mrs Widgeon are living large !
He's kinda like our mascot, too bad he's not a duck.
Petey has put the Widgeon family on the map for sure!

Feathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'm not allowed to bring home doves anymore. My brother gets them all.

Well I guess we know who wears the pants in the house. :tu How long until she tells you that you can’t hunt them anymore?

I would have had petey on the grill the day after the wife said that if it were me. But maybe that’s why I’m still living the single life.

burgawboy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well I guess we know who wears the pants in the house. :tu How long until she tells you that you can’t hunt them anymore?

I would have had petey on the grill the day after the wife said that if it were me. But maybe that’s why I’m still living the single life.
That’s not the only reason you are living the single life.

Feathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
That’s not the only reason you are living the single life.

We know each other bro?

I have a farmer buddy that has a hobby farm and he makes his wife and kids name the animals after cuts of meat. Pork roast, lamb chop, chicken drummy etc. That way they never loose sight of what the animals are for and don’t get too attached. You should have named him Popper.

My neighbor has chicken egg layers. Three of em are done laying eggs. I keep reminding her that I can take care of the chickens and make a good meal out of them and have her over for dinner but she is too attached to them and just keeps paying for feed and cleaning poop from useless chickens.

Never let yourself get too emotionally attached to your food.

widgeon

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Petey Update:

Today's a big day for Petey!

Lately he's been a little rebellious. He's even taken to wearing his hair in a way that I do not approve of.

IMG_20221025_110158150.jpg

He's also putting up a fight whenever I move home to clean his cage.

But today, he actually is hanging out with two wild doves! I let him out to stretch his wings and was trying to herd him back to the cage when two doves landed in the tree beside us. I went inside real quick and they landed in the yard beside him
They've been feeding and sunning for a couple hours. I know the picture is not the best but Petey's the one on the left.

IMG_20221031_130519612.jpg