Well, looks like we're raising a baby dove.

fishnfool

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Ha! Petey. My wife named him.

1659432629823.png

blind-kid.gif

Last edited:

perfmarine

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It may not be legal to take in a wild bird.I like the idea but GW may not think so.

widgeon

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
It may not be legal to take in a wild bird.I like the idea but GW may not think so.

Actually I'm not a proponent of taking in wild critters but what are you go on a do when they come up begging for help?

It's definitely illegal, but the alternative was to leave him for the cats from the catlady next door. It's illegal to let cats run loose too but she's about 100 so she gets a pass. The way this bird is growing he'll be gone next week.

Turning him loose will be the trick.

dog duck gun

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Few more days and he'll be great to work the dog with. Long blind retrieves and such!

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Actually I'm not a proponent of taking in wild critters but what are you go on a do when they come up begging for help?

It's definitely illegal, but the alternative was to leave him for the cats from the catlady next door. It's illegal to let cats run loose too but she's about 100 so she gets a pass. The way this bird is growing he'll be gone next week.

Turning him loose will be the trick.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, sometimes doing the right thing ain't doing the right thing.