Well, looks like we're raising a baby dove.

widgeon

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
So what's in the syringe?

Baby parrot food and ground up bird seed. I gotta figure out how to get him to eat seed off the ground

widgeon

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Little Petey took his first flight today. He was sitting on my finger and started flapping and took off and landed on a brick planter about six feet away. He's starting to get his tail feathers.

IMG_20220808_100813166~2.jpg

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Little Petey took his first flight today. He was sitting on my finger and started flapping and took off and landed on a brick planter about six feet away. He's starting to get his tail feathers.

View attachment 351069
I'm thinking you need to band Petey. That way when he brings his gal back to to nest next year you'll know.
Probably going to abandon them knowing you'll step up to plate and raise them for him .
Keep a pellet gun or 22 around on his 1st flights in case of a cat .

GUNNERX2

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

View attachment 351069
I thing you need to tie a string to a leg and fly him around like we did june bugs when we were kids.

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Make a documentary, like that guy in the ultralight plane did with those geese ,or were they cranes?. Map out the flight path making sure to stay away from that shindig thing.