Well, what's the game plan boyz............

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by golden boy, Mar 23, 2021.

1. pluffmud

pluffmud Senior Refuge Member

2. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

the purchase of 493 acres near kingman did pass the senate and now off to the house. Keep emailing to get this purchase done. DU bought this 3 years ago and its a battle to get this to the state.

3. Scal les

Scal les Senior Refuge Member

4. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Apologize in advance this "ooser" topic has been a pet peeve of mine for over a decade.
    I hunt arkansas and you Kansas guys ain't seen nuthin yet.

Point: you're not going to legislate good hunting.
    It dont work that way at all. Them same regs cut two ways and will get you. That's why I'm saying don't do it. Let things sort themselves out they always do. Making a bunch of rules that never go away is dumb.
    2020 was just a fluke.
    Don't make any decisions based on data collected in 2020..its messed up...pandemic.
    Any scientist can see that changing duck rules because humans got sick and acted funny...is retarded. Don't do it

5. jayhawkmarauder

jayhawkmarauder Senior Refuge Member

This problem was here before last year. It started shortly after we opened up deer hunting to out of state hunters. It began when the state decided to monopolize the wildlife of Kansas for money thru Tourism.

Tuleman, sylvanwilson and Ramblingman like this.
  6. pluffmud

pluffmud Senior Refuge Member

AB, there are certain members on here that just aint gonna take it. They think legislation is the only way. I have no issue with a state restricitng non residents and giving more opportunities and freedoms to its own residents. The issue is when the residents think that the resource is exclusively "theirs," ducks included. The problem I have with the legislation trying to get passed is that Kansas residents want to restrict non residents on Federal land. They wouldnt be the only state, some others do it, which is absolutely unconstitutional. Basically what they want is to take tax dollars from everyone who purchases a duck stamp and pays federal taxes, invest it into refuges that are in the state of Kansas, and then tell me Im not allowed to hunt it. MO already does it, and the KS crowd cant stand it, so instead of pushing legislation to open up opportunities, duck hunters out of spite and selfishness are pushing legislation to add even more restricitons, in a political climate that is anti-gun and anti-hunting. If you want to restrict non residents on state land, by all means, thats your business. I dont pay taxes there. I still think that any hunter wanting to put up road blocks for more hunting opportunity is basically living in a house divided, and aiding those who are against our God given right to utilize our natural resources. Unfortunately, this mentallity seen in the KS forums will be one of the one thousand cuts that will be the end of hunting as we know it. Australia is seeing it right now. You are living in ignorant bliss if you think America is any different.

20gaSprig likes this.
  7. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

While I agree with some of your points. But it's been going on waaayy longer than last year...

Tuleman, ED Vanderbeck and SEKhunter like this.
  8. SEKhunter

SEKhunter Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Pluffmud, you got it wrong. Only a few are pushing what you say, most just want to slow down nonresidents. I personally haven’t seen the overcrowding that some here have seen. But I do see my fair share

Tuleman likes this.
  9. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Best way (maybe only way) to get around all that and achieve the goal of less hunter pressure is to drop the daily bag limit to 3 ducks/3 Canadas.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    sylvanwilson likes this.
  10. Click

Click Senior Refuge Member

I would be all for that myself and probably most the group I run around with. Never been a limit hunter myself but I am a numbers guy. I can tell you where I was, who I was with, the daily take and exact number of birds recovered vs took for every outing I've been on for the last 16 years.

I really like to go back and look at past seasons and conditions to help myself do better the next year.

sylvanwilson and Tuleman like this.