Well, what's the game plan boyz............

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by golden boy, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

You sound just like me, Click.
    I've kept a daily hunt log detailing every bird I and my party have taken, knocked down, recovered, or lost, since 1991.
    Makes great reading during the off season.
    Also helps settle arguments about who got what, where, and when..... :yes

2. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

Commission meeting 3 weeks from today. Don’t let up, keep the ball rolling boyz. Season dates will be set in this meeting

3. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Elite Refuge Member

talked with 1 commissioner tonight he says we are gaining traction keep it up let's sprint this to the finish line keep emailing the commissioners I believe most are on the same page with us

sylvanwilson and Ramblingman like this.
  4. kansascutter

kansascutter Senior Refuge Member

1 week away from the meeting and I want to draw your attention to a podcast. The Kansas chapter of BHA recently aired a podcast with the KDWP Director of Public Lands. You should give it a listen. Overcrowding was brought up, in particular as it pertains to waterfowl. While entitled to his opinion, I take issue with some of his statements. There were a lot of innuendos presented that last year was just an anomaly. A perfect storm of Covid and weather fronts that brought ducks and unprecedented NR pressure to KS. This was proffered even after staff members showed graphs of the 10 year increase of NR coming to KS at the last commission meeting. This is not a “last year” problem KDWP. Open your eyes.
    To my fellow residents that are sitting on the sideline. Now is the time, right now, to contact ALL the commissioners. Here is my prediction garnered from the podcast and speaking with others who have an insight. KDWP will push to implement “feel good” regulations for the KS WMAs. No wake rules, perhaps limited shooting hours, perhaps NR draws to WMAs etc etc. Let me be very clear: this will only shift pressure. This shift will, without a doubt, push NRs to non KS WMA areas, your private spots will be leased out from under you. Time to take a stand residents. The commissioners need to know only a lottery that limits NRs numbers allowed to hunt the STATE, for a specified period, will work. A lottery only on WMAs is a slap in the face. Contact your commissioners!

ED Vanderbeck likes this.
  5. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

1 week from today!!!! Don’t wait till next week, they won’t have time to read them. We need a statewide lottery with a 60% chance of drawing a permit, not a 97% chance like the deer lottery.

6. ED Vanderbeck

I just don't think some within the dept care about our quality of hunting only care about the money it brings in. Please show me where in wildlife management 101 it puts money over wildlife

sylvanwilson likes this.
  7. pluffmud

pluffmud Senior Refuge Member

Please show me how you can manage wildlife without money.

Keegan likes this.
  8. SEKhunter

SEKhunter Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

I’ve spent a lot of time across state lines this last month or so, the wetlands over there smoke ours ten fold. I hear non residents don’t have the greatest chance of hunting over there, so how does the conservation handle the money and finances there. We were of course fishing, but could see sunken blinds from the bank and plenty of ducks. Might be a model for Kansas, I don’t know

9. ED Vanderbeck

Kdwp does not get to keep any money they raise it goes to the general fund and then they give back a small portion of the funds. Explain how we have legislative idiots making decisions about wildlife management. When they are also in the guide business. We have people educated in this area but those self serving congressman are controlling the very thing they have financial interest in

10. pluffmud

pluffmud Senior Refuge Member

Do you have proof of these statements? That the KDWPs money goes into a general fund? And that the same folks who enact legislation concerning fund allocations are in the business of guiding for hunting and fishing? And that these interests are conflicting? Unless there is a paper/data trail, or some other hard evidence, it really is just speculation.