Well, what's the game plan boyz............

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by golden boy, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Probably, but it would be better to ask forgiveness than for permission......

Might be traced to the two organizations using different definitions of "active"? Or, even different protocols for collecting the data on which those numbers are based. This could be from using state waterfowl stamp sales to determine "active" waterfowl hunters. Remember, you don't need to be a waterfowl hunter to buy a duck stamp, and many conservation-minded non-consumptive outdoors folks buy duck stamps.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  2. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Probably would NOT include NR hunters being guided, since guides in Kansas cannot guide on State-controlled (public) land....and the focus from the commission/KDWP seems to be headed towards public land, at least in the immediate future.

Scott_Dellinger and Ramblingman like this.
  3. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

Their main concern is public. If Sporer can get 3 other commissioners to vote for his 3 bag limit on Canada’s, that will be a big punch in the gut to outfitters as some clients will change locations to Oklahoma or Nebraska for bigger piles. Remember, it’s all about the pile!!! Our culture right now is at rock bottom

4. Flared Again

Flared Again New Member

I agree the culture is not good. Part of that culture is spinners and mud motors, which in my opinion are detrimental to the health of waterfowl.

5. golden boy

Amen brother

6. Redhead78

Redhead78 Elite Refuge Member

I couldn't agree more. I am absolutely appalled at today's society.

Anyone know what will happen to NR's who own private land in KS and want to hunt their own property? I can't imagine the state would restrict the hunting rights of private land owners.

7. golden boy

Sadly, our culture has become “It’s all about me!”

look at me on Facebook and see my pile

look at me on Instagram and see my pile

look at me on Snapchat and see my pile

look at me on YouTube and see me make a pile

Do you want to be my friend? Put some money in my pocket and I’ll think about it. In the meantime, remember I am better than you and you suck at killing birds.

8. DuCrazy

DuCrazy Elite Refuge Member

The horror

9. golden boy

Out of state private land owners were rarely discussed. This movement is about restrictions on public lands. It has come to their attention that they cannot restrict what guides do on private ground. Maybe one day the commission can regain that authority but as of the moment they can’t do crap. My suggestion is when a non resident goes to get a license they get asked 2 questions.

do you plan on waterfowl hunting on private or public lands?

if they answer private, they buy a license that gives them a full season from September to April 30.

If they answer public they pick a let’s say 5 day slot and see if the quota for that time has been met. If not, they pick another slot and so on. This license will be titled NR waterfowl public and please tell me how this is a burden on the department? They created the problem, they need to fix it

10. BlackLegendGauge

BlackLegendGauge Senior Refuge Member

This is not at all how Missouri works....