Well, what's the game plan boyz............

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by golden boy, Mar 23, 2021.

1. BlackLegendGauge

BlackLegendGauge Senior Refuge Member

The chart is interesting...

What would be more interesting is seeing how many of the NR used isportsman and what areas they hunted.

They have all this information at their fingertips and fail to use it. Why is that?

Also, I am not sure what "no wake" is going to do for the bottoms. Should have just kicked motors off it for good.

ED Vanderbeck and Ramblingman like this.
  2. DuCrazy

DuCrazy Elite Refuge Member

More Govt regulation please!

3. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

Could someone please tell me who makes a cooler that can haul 40 freaking rabbits back to Alabama? Asking for a friend

4. DuCrazy

Ask the Wildlife Commission

5. DuCrazy

It’s not often that when you ask for Govt help to regulate that you get to cherry pick the changes to the point where they don’t impact your world.

I know guys like Tuleman (mud motor guy) will not love, but will have to adapt to things like a no wake rule or pools closed to motors after 1pm if such rules come to pass.

The no wake deal sounds good on paper but it won’t be enforced any better than it is in Missouri. It’s a joke. Oh sure opening day but other than that good luck.

6. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

Cheyenne Bottoms is uniquely suited to enforce the no-wake policy versus a lot of other state areas. There is no tree cover anywhere, the levees are 20 feet above the water level when standing in a truck bed and there's an observation tower. The managers and LEOs are WAY more active there than a lot of the other areas with geographically separated pools. I see LEOs and staff driving the dikes and checking people there every single time I hunt there, often every morning. The manager requested the change, I'm positive they'll enforce it there.

They can very easily tell who is running wide open and meet them at the ramp for a ticket.

7. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

When every duck hunter carries a phone that can take video, I will be shocked if anybody goes wide open. Maybe once, but never twice.

8. DuCrazy

Well maybe KS will do something with videos, pictures and phone calls from other duck hunters . MO not so much....done that countless times

9. BlackLegendGauge

BlackLegendGauge Senior Refuge Member

I have been checked more times hunting a small farm pond in SEK off gravel roads than at CB.

All they are doing by having CB become "no wake" is literally adding to noise and total drive time. Those mud motors don't need to fly to get through the bottoms. This will only make it worse.

Tuleman likes this.
  10. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

I dunno, I have a 1544 flat bottom and a 23 HP Backwater that will do 20+ mph and has way more torque than that boat needs and it's pretty hard to get through the nasty skinny chit without some speed. I think it's possible it might keep people from going to CB IF and ONLY IF they actually nail people for running hot through the pools.

No gas motors after 1 PM would be a much more effective tool for pressure management IMO.