Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

What a moron

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by stevena198301, Jun 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Myrdahl

Paul Myrdahl Senior Refuge Member

I'm not a LEO. If I were, the last thing I'm going to do is let a suspect reach into his pocket and pull something out. The command hands up was pretty straight forward. If that command was followed all the rest of the bull crap would not have happened. "Hands up". Straight forward and to the point. None compliance is not an option. Then I come over and check your creds by myself not by your reaching for anything while saying I'm ATF. Pretty simple actually.

tcc likes this.
  2. Steelshot Scott

Steelshot Scott Elite Refuge Member

So getting in a physical confrontation by not allowing a cop to produce his badge with two guns present is silly, but getting into a physical confrontation with a man armed with a clipboard is acceptable. If the ATF agent had tried to produce his badge and the cops shot him, that is the fed's fault.

I say it was silly to not allow a man who states to you he is on the job to show his badge and descalate the situation. What if the taser had missed and the fed had pulled his weapon? Technically, a local cop just tried to attack a federal agent. After all, the fed had verbally identified himself. If a civilian had fired a taser at a fed everyone here would agree the fed had the right to kill him in self-defense.

Who would legally be able to kill who, if it had come to that. Would the cops legally be able to kill the fed? Would only the cops be able to claim self defense?

If a civilian shot a cop after refusing to let him show his credentials I guarantee you that you would not say the cop should have complied until verification could be made. After all a landowner has the right to defend himself against a armed man in his backyard.

Before he shoots, perhaps he should let the cop show him his badge.

3. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Blah blah blah---just do what the cop says and the whole damn thing would have never made the news. It really is that simple.

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Yea, and you still would have probably blamed the cops.

Your opinion, as mentioned before, has been noted

Is worth nothing. You don't know me, you haven't worked beside me.

Squaller, OneShotBandit and JP like this.
  5. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

And how does a cop know whether someone is a law abiding citizen or not? You are beyond naive if you think no one would lie to a cop about their identity, or what they were doing, or if they had a weapon. Officer in my dept. late at night, notices a door ajar at a store that was closed. He enters the store, finds someone behind the counter at the cash register. He draws his weapon, suspect raises hands, tells cop he works there, and was checking on the business after seeing the door pryed open. Suspect then calmly gets within arms reach of the officer, grabs his gun and starts firing. But yeah, he didn't have to suffer the indignity of being handcuffed for no reason.

bird junkie and OneShotBandit like this.
  6. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

Huh, what?

7. Steelshot Scott

Steelshot Scott Elite Refuge Member

If you are so afraid that you can't let a man provide his ID before tasering him then I would think you might be too high strung for a high stress job.

I am done with this.

8. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

I’m not a cop but I guess I’m perplexed at what the threshold is to draw a weapon on someone. Some one impersonating a cop, but has no visual weapon.......someone actively robbing a bank? I don’t know, again, I’m not a cop. Drawing a weapon on anyone should be the last resort, not the first. I defend all cops, but what’s the protocol? Draw your weapon on everyone that kicks over a trash can? I was always taught never to point a fire arm at anything you didn’t intend to kill. That’s a situation I never want to be in, this was wrong on so many levels by both parties. Amateur hour

9. da grouch

da grouch Senior Refuge Member

I remember a more simple time and much more enjoyable when cops carried “nightsticks” and whooped people’s butts. Granted those cops where the guys who would whoop you with their fists, if needed. Guys would get beat up and go home without charges( it still happens but not as much). It seems nowadays the gun comes out and the “perp” is charged no matter the circumstances. I don’t blame the kids wanting to go home safe, after all society is pushing against them. Bad deal right now, moral of the story comply then sort it out later. Three letter agency proves again to be a drain on our tax payers dollars...utterly useless in this day and age.

10. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

His weapon is in plain view on his hip.

rhpierce and bird junkie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.