California Flyway Forum Sponsors

What are we reading?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by yellowlabhunter, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Eyes to the sky

Eyes to the sky New Member

2. craig wilson

craig wilson Elite Refuge Member

The writing on the wall!

3. AzSprig

AzSprig Elite Refuge Member

15781711563464531676918540441920.jpg

yellowlabhunter likes this.
  4. Flyfisher

Flyfisher Elite Refuge Member

7FDD1D25-524D-4161-B719-10D91ABA4BFE.jpeg

Gomer likes this.
  5. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

My great grandpa was mentioned a few times in that book. I think there are two stories about him, Jim Hiller was his name.

6. MarshmanDon

MarshmanDon Senior Refuge Member

Mort l definitely agree about Gettysburg l only live about 2 and half hours from there.Glad l was in good enough shape.To climb up little Round Top where the battle was lost if lived below the mason dixon line Grey .You can close your eyes and feel them .How could they be so brave. Think we could have done it? Stood in Devils Den lot of those pictures were staged. I used to bleed gray. The museum's are great They have one of the snipers rifle .Just about anything else you can imagine. You look at the doctors list. Those bone saws, Had both my knees replaced 6 years ago . They had white rubber boots on last thing l remembered! Said they only used Dewalt. Antietam is close you could spend a couple weeks from Gettysburg to Richmond . Took most of the flags down. When you get to Picketts charge l think l Don t know what l would have done they didn't have toilet paper! What to you think you would have done.!? I would look around for Jeb Stuart tell ole Robert E Lee. I don 't think l am going without a horse. Jeb got a lot of the blame he was in Hagerstown stealing shoes . I guess l ain't reading much thanks for letting me share your stories! Think l still bleed gray!!

Mort and freefall like this.
  7. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

On one trip to Gettysburg ran into a local historian while we up on Little Round Top. We spent the rest of the day with him, visiting key sites on the battlefield. I had read up quite a bit before we went but it was very informative with our local guide as knew right where to go, pointed the actual spots out. It is a very sobering visit though when you realize the amount of loss of life that occurred at that battlefield and the rest of Civil War and the magnitude of the deaths was more than WWII.

MarshmanDon and yellowlabhunter like this.
  8. yellowlabhunter

yellowlabhunter Elite Refuge Member

It just reinforces how much there is to see in our country. Yes, I want to see Normandy, Hurtgen Forest, etc, but Shiloh, Little Big Horn, Gettysburg, just the many monuments, this country is awesome!

9. EL GURU

EL GURU Senior Refuge Member

I visited Gettysburg last June on a rainy day, one of the highlights of driving through Pennsylvania. Very surreal as you visit the different battlefields and think about the personal that was staged and the loss of life.

yellowlabhunter likes this.
  10. 7pntail

7pntail Senior Refuge Member

1CD05AE1-1D97-4623-A11C-A7FC61F83033.jpeg