What are your current outdoor activities?

Northhunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I start scouting ducks end of August, chase them from opener until deer. Chase deer 2 weeks, then ducks/geese again winter permitting. I grouse hunt through December. Fresh snow is best.
When I was younger I got a kick out of hiking into lakes I'd never seen and ice fishing back country trout. Bungalow trips spoiled me. I do a heated/overnight "fish house" trip every year with friends and that's about it for ice fishing now.
Spring I'm back into deer stuff. Cut trails, shooting lanes, run mineral licks, trail cams. I went to camp this weekend. Hiked in to all my cams, checked things out and swapped all my cards then went and caught walleye bait (9 dozen shiners.. opener in 2 weeks). I fish through summer. Humidity and bugs are usually enough to make doing much else unenjoyable. End of summer I start reloading to try and help "scratch the itch", then it starts all over.

I tried gardening couple years ago. Not much, a few things at the camp. Something started eating all the beans and carrots. Found out it was earwigs and slugs. Made traps. Coons came and dug up all he traps. Next year tried corn. "Garden" faced the lake. Then the geese came and went to town on the shoots.. I gave up on the garden.

Last edited:

tripper

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Walking only for the next six weeks according to surgeon. Had back surgery yesterday.