What Ever Happened To : : : :

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Doc E, Aug 13, 2019.

1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

My dad retired from the ah industry and was exposed to every chemical they use. He has all sorts of health issues including cancer. Maaaaaaaaybe he actually has a cause with this roundup bullshitz.

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Didju call Alexander Shunarah?

3. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

Out of curiosity, any idea what an extra 1400 lbs (approx weight of 200 gal diesel) does to mileage?
    Not being a wiseguy...just interested in what the math looks like overall.
    (I have a 36 gal tank and I often am interested in calculating the approximate delta in mileage full versus that of almost empty. I don't have any good, scientific way to do this. Only relying on the vehicles MPG readout which is (IMHO) suspect. This is no where near, of course, an extra 200 gal.)

riverrat47 and SKDuckhunt like this.
  4. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I will if I get non Hodgkins lymphona

5. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

This will bring out the MPG fanatic nazis but in my experience my truck gets 14. Empty 14. Boat 14. Stock trailer 14. Cannon trailer 14. I know it varies but it's not enough for me to ever have noticed a significant difference. If for example the mountain driving on that trip made it 12, so be it.

If I was one of the 1/2 ton gas guys who commutes at 22 and got 14 pulling a trailer I'd probably take more notice I suppose.:tu

num70 likes this.
  6. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

Funny you mention the $8 value meal at mcd's.

I had not are there in quite a while and one of my daughter recently asked .me take her by one while we were out shopping. I reluctantly went in to cover the bill and was surprised her combo deal was around $9 or so. They are getting up there in cost with 5 guys and some sit down restaurants and despite their claims they improved their burgers it looked like the same old ones I recall. Asked my daughter if the burger tasted any difference since they jacked up the price 2 to 3 dollars and she laughed and said no. Guess they have to absorb the up tick in minimum wages to pay the illegals who are the primary workers there. The local town we live in and nearby ones are the few I see where the illegals have not fully taken over running the place yet but I am sure it won't be long.

7. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I have a hard time believing that a corporation like McD’s does not participate in E-Verify, even if your state does not require mandatory participation in E-Verify from employers.

(The simple fact that E-Verify is not federally mandated, which would be nearly free to implement, is proof in itself that the GOP is not serious about immigration, but looky over here- a trillion dollar wall will solve all our immigration issues! But I digress...)

I said all that to ask- how are you sure the McD’s employees are illegal?

8. Ruination

Ruination Senior Refuge Member

Round up is totally safe and a jury of randoms awarding a cancer patient money does not prove otherwise.

salthunter likes this.
  9. Steve Borgwald

Steve Borgwald Elite Refuge Member

Said cannon in action. The barrage went on much longer than the video indicates.

okie drake and TheDuckSlayer like this.
  10. Porter Bayou

Porter Bayou Senior Refuge Member

Well...duh!

They're Mexican ain't they!?

TheDuckSlayer likes this.