What is happening with early teal season

oskar

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Since the state parks are only open on thurs, fri, sat and sun and from only 6-7 in the am and no camping what to do? I'm thinking abut having m wife drop me off at the landing and shore camping, any other Ideas?

DA

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
They are only allowing residents only at the state parks. Head to Kansas? If you are a resident I think you have the right idea though. Good luck.

oskar

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Forgot to change my profile, NM resident for a couple years but this will be my first duck season here. I don't know any private lands and I'm sure the refuges up north (Socorro area) will be loaded with hunters.

oskar

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Well I got out for a couple days and it wasn't what I expected. I was thinking flocks of migrating teal. Back in WA regular season flocks of 10-30 would hit the decoys at a time. All I saw were resident teal ones and twos, could have killed a bunch of mallards, way more than the teal. I ended up missing because I was trying to make sure they were teal and got behind them. When it got too hot to sit there I caught a bunch of whitebass and a couple cats. Had a great time. headed back next week withthe UL and some beatle-spins to have fun with the whitebass until the second season opens. The place was loaded with coyotes and I can make it a week of "Fur and Feathers".

Latest posts