What is in Hevi-Metal longer range loads?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by derbyacresbob, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Out of focus

Out of focus Elite Refuge Member

Lately I can’t even buy cheap steel shot at local stores.

2. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

That’s why you get it Federal HW-15 factory loads from Rogers. Of course, those living in the People’s Republic of California are at a disadvantage. However, with Uhaul rates ~2 1/2 times (headed East) of those in the opposite direction, it appears many are growing weary of the steady diet of feces sandwiches.

3. derbyacresbob

derbyacresbob Senior Refuge Member

What do you mean only 15%? For every 17 steel pellets there will be 3 bismuth pellets to hammer the birds. LOL

If 15% Bismuth Hammers the birds I wonder why EMI didn't come up with a cool name for Hevi-Bismuth? Hevi-Annihilation, Hevi-Destruction or Hevi-Mutilation are all better names than Hevi-Bismuth.

4. Drake91

Drake91 Senior Refuge Member

Screenshot_20210126-145835_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Hevi metal longer range is 70% steel under 30% of bismuth...

5. Drake91

Drake91 Senior Refuge Member

For the price of hevi metal longer range you could spend not much more for bismuth and have all bismuth instead of a dumb blend load... I ain't a EMI fan but I only bought their hevi bismuth because they offer it in 1 1/8oz in #2 for 20 gauge... instead of ordering boss online... and kent bismuth I've heard their pellets were smaller than the actual shot size on box and dont have the heavy payloads in 20 I saw in emi

derbyacresbob likes this.