What it's all about

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by denny, Nov 10, 2019.

1. denny

denny Refuge Member

Took out my oldest daughter for the first time yesterday. She is only 7. We waited till the afternoon for it to warm up. I took her to a spot I knew we would have to ourselves. An awesome boat ride across the bay in calm wind to an island with a bunch of ponds. Took a short walk into our pond and she helped set the decoys and set up the hide. Had plenty of snacks and we just kicked back. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves but we shot our 2 mallard limit (here in NJ) and had a few more pay a visit. Had a few blacks almost do it but wanted them right in the pool so she could see it play out perfect. Oh well the mallards didn't dissapoint. She was giggling and smiling the whole time. My daughter got to see miss Abbie our lab do her thing and see all our summer training pay off. Just the best day of duck hunting (even if it was only 2 hours) I've ever had being able to spend with my daughter showing her how fun this addiction can be. IMG_20191109_160444856.jpg IMG_20191109_162023699_HDR.jpg IMG_20191109_134352539.jpg

2. bird junkie

bird junkie Elite Refuge Member

3. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

4. metalworx

metalworx Senior Refuge Member

5. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

^^^What they said.

6. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

More "hunters" Need to know what its all about
    When our daughters were in grade school wee had 10-20 family hunts a year. Bright sunny days , A swan hunt, or duck hunt sitting on a dike tossing sticks for the dog , doing reading home work, or roasting hot dogs

Now my granddaughter is the tag along. Ducks deer and elk hunting,.. but mostly having a good time with archery or firearms

7. cjr

cjr Refuge Member

Great work!

8. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Great job Dad! Taking a young child into the field presents a whole bunch of new challenges... But also an added level of enjoyment...

9. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Great job spending a day hunting with your daughter. Think about when you were that age, she will always remember that hunt.

10. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member