Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

What project is the virus making you do?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by 2WIDGN, Mar 23, 2020.

1. 2WIDGN

2WIDGN Senior Refuge Member

Hung some drywall, painted a couple walls, and watched 7 episodes of Ozark. With any luck I'll have my basement finished by the time Governor Prickster lifts our "Shelter in Place" in Illinois.

texduk3 and widgeon like this.
  2. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

4 more days and season 3 of Ozark will be on! Gonna pick up the snow spread. Other than that my office is open as normal. Just limiting foot traffic.

texduk3 likes this.
  3. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

Started watching Outlander on Starz. Just now on season 2.

4. techfowl

techfowl Elite Refuge Member

Been doing the exact same thing, working on finishing basement on our house we built 5 years ago. Framing, electrical, drywall, finishing and paint. Started working on mowers too, changing oil and sharpening blades to get ready for season.

5. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

My list has no end. Even cleaned out the fireplace. My wife is finding plenty. Today she said, " Have you noticed how every door squeaks in this house?"

My main project is being bathroom monitor for a puppy. 24/7. Rain or shine.

nickle ditch and seiowa like this.
  6. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I work from home, so the only difference for me is the new look at our grocery stores. That and restaurants here finally shut down their dining rooms and bars. The latter is the only one which caused any pain for me, and that was relatively low.

OneShotBandit and widgeon like this.
  7. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

I farm so it has not affected me that much. There's not much safer distance than being out on a tractor a half mile from another person. There are a bunch of projects I need to do and the list gets longer every year.
    I guess today I will try to clean out the garden shed and turn on the outside hydrant that I've put off for a few weeks. My wife will be pleased.

Juan De, FriedPotatoes and widgeon like this.
  8. Banded1

Banded1 Elite Refuge Member

I’m a self employed remodeler and have a few days left of work left but in preparation for not having any work available for the foreseeable future, I’ve been building a bunch of fishing rods. Not quite done yet but here is yesterday’s project... 5B50B089-3E76-4244-A36C-CA77C5C76BE7.jpeg EA79DFA7-709A-47AC-9E2C-653A55B8EEC1.jpeg 1135F52F-06AB-4C3A-9277-EFE79EED8E27.jpeg

Pastor, obx-dux, Mort and 17 others like this.
  9. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I moved into a new home so plenty to do and loving it.

Finishing out my 400 square foot concrete bunker first with shelving electical, seating etc.

OMG and all the boxes to go through and put stuff in place. All my hoarding of fastners is paying off nicely.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    stevena198301 and widgeon like this.
  10. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Started a bunch of seeds indoors, got the tiller out and prepped for this years garden. I was getting pretty excited for it, browsing more seed catalogs and ordering various soil amendments etc, then yesterday it dumped snow on everything. Kinda hard to get excited about it now. Damn.