Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

What spread has been working?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Camohead, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Camohead

Camohead Senior Refuge Member

I am wondering what spreads are working for the sob's? we have around a 100 deks but want some idea of what is working along their route.

2. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

What are you lookng for? Type of decoys shape of the spread?:confused:

3. Hoot

Hoot Senior Refuge Member

NOT the 10k decoy spread in texas:l :l :l

4. mrdux

mrdux Elite Refuge Member

We have been dealing with light winds all season and from screwy directions, so this is what we have been doing, If we have a SE wind, we set our basic spread up in a NW to SE direction, open up the middle of one side and basically have the spread in the shape of a big C. We are setting the blinds in the front edge of the back part of the C and leaving a large opening in front of us and few decoys directly behind us. Most of the decoys are off to the side of and front of us. Be sure to use a good call along with the e-calls. The geese are keying on the mouth call every time! Hope this helps. We are using around 1000 decoys. Custom northwinds, silos, shells and rags.

5. Camohead

Camohead Senior Refuge Member

I just read my thread for the first time since writing it, interuptions, Aarrrgg:mad: We are going to have in the 1K range and wondered what sort of shape the spreads (That are working);) are looking like. We'll have fullbodies, rags, silos, and flags 3-4 e-calls 6-7 men, and I believe all of us will be in layouts. I'm going to be using the Illusion mouth call.

Thanks, CH

6. DanDan

DanDan Senior Refuge Member

lmao:l :l
    :sp