What the Futch

deac

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Gators???

NCB
They're there. This one was less than a mile from Futch.
20160326_143112.jpg
20160326_143023.jpg

Downeastwoodduck

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Checked it out today. Didn’t see the gators but some yellow flies almost as large as dove it seemed like

Downeastwoodduck

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Another question, when it says first come first serve for the blinds is it a foot race essentially?

JFG

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
YEP! Or a bike race….

dog duck gun

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Take 2 Thermacells per person and make sure they are fully functional. I'd worry way more bout the skeeters than any gator

KAHunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Checked it out today. Didn’t see the gators but some yellow flies almost as large as dove it seemed like
any ducks? when we used to hunt there we would scout in late august to see what area we wanted to sign up for and usually saw some woodies and a few teal. I imagine there are a few birds in there now

Downeastwoodduck

Refuge Member
Reaction score
any ducks? when we used to hunt there we would scout in late august to see what area we wanted to sign up for and usually saw some woodies and a few teal. I imagine there are a few birds in there now
Saw about 10 teal total

Downeastwoodduck

Refuge Member
Reaction score
What time would y’all recommend getting at the gate if it opens at 4? I was thinking between 3:15-3:30

PrairieDream'n

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Since they draw blinds now and its not the mad dash it once was, I'd give myself an hour set up time plus whatever the walk in is and and BS-ing you think you'll do, subtract it from shooting time and be done with it....

You're post had me reminiscing- way back when you could just go hunting before the lotteries, blind draws, army of duck hunters on the coast, and rules and regulations, I'd walk out there after sunset the day before and hang a cheap LED light near where I wanted to hunt. That thing would be out there swaying back and forth in the breeze like someone already setting up the next morning and we'd then casually stroll out to our spot while everyone else was scrambling. You don't get those days back.

Last edited:

Clark

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You're post had me reminiscing- way back when you could just go hunting before the lotteries, blind draws, army of duck hunters on the coast, and rules and regulations, I'd walk out there after sunset the day before and hang a cheap LED light near where I wanted to hunt. That thing would be out there swaying back and forth in the breeze like someone already setting up the next morning and we'd then casually stroll out to our spot while everyone else was scrambling. You don't get those days back.
So YOU were the guy!

Reactions: JFG