What the 'Obamagate' Scandals Mean and Why They Matter

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by The_Duck_Master, May 27, 2020.

1. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Exactly. It’s their own fault. They’re inviting regulation by abusing a privileged status, as they currently shoulder no liability or consequences for their free exercise.

2. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

Control maybe...... or is it ensure equal treatment for those using the site? Is it OK to fact check and censor one party but not another? I believe that is how Twitter and others will bring regulation on themselves. Closing accounts for politicians that are running against other politicians, fact checking one entity and not the other, removing some peoples opinions while allowing others counter opinions are just a few of how these platforms are "controlling the information" as you point out.... I have to ask, to what end?

3. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

Meanwhile back on topic, No matter what yer political views, this was just plain corrupt. Can Stump agree without going into "Orange Man bad" Come on Stumpy, you may gain some creds.

double limit likes this.
  4. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

Not a fan of twitter or any other social media controlling the facts... let the people decide what to believe.
    I understand "harmful" content.... not sure lying and misleading fall into that category

I do find it hilarious that a little disclaimer about facts and truth caused him to come unglued and have another tantrum..

5. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

I guess it's not a disclaimer linking a CNN article - it is showing editorializing of content. That now makes them a publisher. Something they had been opposing.

I believe that they are free to editorialize all they like but in order to do so they have to follow the rules and regulations of now being a publisher.

double limit likes this.
  6. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Look at the MSM's reporting of Michael Flynn. When the Durham investigation comes out - they will hardly cover it... Especially if it makes the Obama Administration and Democratic Party/DNC look bad w/ their involvement w/ Perkins Coie, Fusion GPS, Christopher Steele and the phony Russian Dossier complied by Russians for Christopher Steele....

double limit likes this.
  7. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

Hey Stump why do you keep trying to change the subject of this thread?

double limit and OneShotBandit like this.
  8. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

He hates The Don soooo bad, he just can't help himself!

9. duckman54

duckman54 Senior Refuge Member

Yes he does, it called TDS on steroids.

double limit and OneShotBandit like this.
  10. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member