What Y'all Cooking?

Sam Ortmann

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My sister had one of her friends out to the family farm when we were younger. She loved the cattle. When we told her we used to have about twice as many but killed them and ate them, she was distraught. Supper time rolled around and she said my grandma made the best hamburgers she’d ever had. We told her that those burgers came from the cattle she couldn’t believe we killed. She suddenly understood why we killed them and no longer had any objections.

burgawboy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My sister had one of her friends out to the family farm when we were younger. She loved the cattle. When we told her we used to have about twice as many but killed them and ate them, she was distraught. Supper time rolled around and she said my grandma made the best hamburgers she’d ever had. We told her that those burgers came from the cattle she couldn’t believe we killed. She suddenly understood why we killed them and no longer had any objections.
Did you show your sister’s friend the hay loft, and what it’s used for on rainy days?

BigSkyDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thats a fantastic view!
That’s the crappy view.

image.jpg

GUNNERX2

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
In th South…. It is all about Krystal’s.
Back in the 90s, they used to have a 24pk special.
We always hit the one in Savannah, when leaving the bars on the way back to Ft.Stewart. Hwy 144 is a long ride home……
Never failed….. someone had to puke. There is nowhere to pull over ( “causeway” built thru swamp).
Someone would get out, start heaving, and fall down the damn embankment into the swamp.
Back in the olden days when I was runnin' hard, my last stop on the way home was at the Krystal's. Buy a dozen and have 8 down the gullet before I got home. Never had to puke 'im up but the next day's exploits on the toilet was monumental.
Back in the 60's the local Dairy Queen did a version of the Krystal burger that was $1.00/dozen. It was a Sunday night tradition for a while that the family headed down to the DQ and ordered 3 doz. I ate a dozen, my brother ate a dozen and mom & dad split a dozen. Small town America and we were eatin' high on the hog.