Whats a good club membership worth per person?

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Langford, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

Just depends on how much time you have. It's super hard for me to get out and scout a bunch of spots that are an hour plus away.

As to the question, I don't really have it in me to spend more than 2k. What I spend (~1500) makes me a little queezy already. But good affordable leases don't lose members.

2. Back2Maryland

Back2Maryland Senior Refuge Member

I join at least one club on the shore every year. At first it was about bird numbers, now its more about the people and the property. Regardless, if there is too much drama or financial games I'm out.

For turkey and doves I knock on doors, and have access to some decent free spots on the western shore. I'm no extrovert, and I sometimes take the rejection personally, but persistence seems to pay off.

B2M

3. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

Well,I have met some outstanding people doing this stuff for a long time. I'm never hesitant to ask.for permission to hunt and while you don't always get in, it will still pay off down the road. A lot of times I'll get per!mission to hunt and return the favor with crabmeat,gift cards etc.
    One thing about waterfowling, it's about camaraderie and if you treat people with respect, friendships will.form and last a lifetime!