Whats everyones take on repeal of Pittman/Robertson funds?

Mayor of Seneca

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
What would the mayor do?
CG,

This is a shock, P/R funds have been a funding source for some 85 years, why repeal it? I've sent off inquires for background information of the origins of this legislation. While a Congressional Bill more complicated to oppose/support on our level. National Wildlife Orgs should not be in favor of this either? If I receive some feed back will advise.

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I trust your knowledge and experience, Steve.

I see some are backing out of it already

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Andy Harris is a slug and I feel gross voting for him every 4 years.

Ruination

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I believe this bill is to head off a 1000% tax being pushed by liberals on semi automatic weapons or something along those lines.

The 1000% tac is political grandstanding that had no chance of passing.

This is something the Democrats could actually support. It's unbelievably stupid.

Mayor of Seneca

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I trust your knowledge and experience, Steve.

I see some are backing out of it already
Introduced in House (06/22/2022)

RETURN (Repealing Excise Tax on Unalienable Rights Now) our Constitutional Rights Act of 2022 or the RETURN our Constitutional Rights Act of 2022

This bill repeals the excise taxes on firearms and ammunition and on bows and arrows. It also repeals the excise tax on transferring and making firearms under the National Firearm Act.

My 2 cents, Bill has 58 Sponsors, all GOP Rep's, its a double edge sword, repeals P/R funding and fee's under NFA (National Firearms Act) which are fee's for applying to ATF under NFA for buying Class 2 & Class 3 suppressors/machines guns (et al).

Andy Harris is only Chesapeake Region Congressional Rep signed on as Sponsor so MD Forum members need to express their opinions to him.

As it seems today, this Bill pretty much under the radar .............

Latest posts