Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

where is the migration right now

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by fallen goose ranch, Feb 18, 2007.

1. fallen goose ranch

fallen goose ranch Senior Refuge Member

where are the geese when do you think they will hit nebraska how far south are they

2. Band Fanatic

Band Fanatic Elite Refuge Member

WINTERING GROUNDS (still) and they will start to funnel into NEB by the 1st of March.....peak in NEB will be around March 10th or so plus or minus a few days!!!

3. A few trickled into East central kansas today. Few hundred, nothing much. Strong northwind tomorrow night outta push em back south again.

4. jkern

jkern Elite Refuge Member

IMO...

The will start into Nebraska probably the middle of next week. Once they find the opening water in the basins it will be a flood of geese. :yes

5. DakotaFowler

DakotaFowler Elite Refuge Member

If they predicted temps next week hold, I would think they will be on the move quicker than most are thinking....just my .02

6. hailcall

hailcall Elite Refuge Member

I am betting Kern is right on the money.

7. Pee Shivers

Pee Shivers Senior Refuge Member

I spoke with a farmer friend in NW Mo. He hasn't seen any yet south of Squaw, but the weather is calling for 50s this week. There should be some moving in.
    Pee

8. Black River

Black River Elite Refuge Member

Somewhere In Dave Donaldson or running Black River
    NE Arkansas isn't holding any hardly at all...heard some reports of geese close to I-40, but they are definately about 2 or 3 weeks late getting up here.

9. I retract my previous statement. Lil bro found a field with 5000 in it just before dark. I can hear them flying over right now.

10. Woodie

Woodie Senior Refuge Member

well it seems like all the geese down here on the coast have left us. they have seemed to disappear over night. we have a few fields holding 1000 birds or so. I would expect you guys up north to start seeing them sooner than later. i hope you all have better luck than we did with them during the conservation season.
    Good luck to all