Washington Flyway Forum Sponsors

Which contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by waterfowlpro, Apr 19, 2008.

1. waterfowlpro

waterfowlpro Senior Refuge Member

I was wondering what you guys think of the contests coming up. I really want to come out there and either go to the Hunt of a lifetime contest in june or the Skagit valley open goose and Novice goose. I think that the Hunt of lifetimes contest is its first year and I would really like to support it but I was thinking about which one would be bigger, the Skagit valley open or the Hunt of a liftime open. If I went to the Hunt of a lifetime contest I would be competing in the Novice Goose, Open Goose, maybe two man goose, novice duck. If I went to the Skagit Valley contest it would just be Open Goose, Novice Goose, and Live duck. Thanks a ton!!! You washington boys are awesome!

2. Joe Hanson

Joe Hanson Elite Refuge Member

I am not sure how big the Hunt of A Lifetime contest will be because it is its first year like you said, I haven't been to the Skagit contest but when they used to have the state duck over that way in the earlier years it was always run well...as far as biggest contests out here and with the chance of bigger prizes and tougher competition...the Oregon Waterfowl Fest is still the benchmark of northwest shows.....I am hoping the Hunt of a Lifetime turns into as good a contest but Oregon has the proven track record as far as prizes and level of competition....sorry can't help you, but if I was traveling that far to a contest I would want to go to the best one as well....joe