White bass with Dad

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by ARHHH4, Oct 1, 2019.

1. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Senior Refuge Member

Whites started hitting a couple of weeks ago on the local lake and was able to make it out today with my Dad. Haven’t fished with him alone for over a year due to work conflicts and kids sports, etc.. Didn’t break any records but finished the day with 18 keepers. Making memories with the Man that taught me everything that I know and love about the outdoors.

Attached Files:

2. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member

I loved fishing for white bass when I was a kid. pound for pound one of the best fighting fish.

3. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Senior Refuge Member

Absolutely. I hooked one in the side somewhow under a gill, reeled him back sideways, thought I had me a catfish there for a second

4. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member

did that last week on the Henry's fork here in Idaho with a brown trout. I was running a hopper dropper set up, the 16 inch brown hit the hopper, but got foul hooked on a pectoral fin with the nymph after missing the hopper. I thought I had that elusive 24 incher on till I saw him coming in sideways, kind of like reeling in a car door in that fast current.

ARHHH4 likes this.
  5. Athos

Athos Refuge Member

Wish I could tell you how many times I’ve done this on a dropper rig. Usually the further towards the tail you get them, the harder they are to land. Real test on 6x.