Decoy Forum Sponsors

White Rock Decoys

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by matthew needs, Jul 28, 2021.

1. matthew needs

matthew needs New Member

Does anybody here use their decoys? any opinions with their EVAC Full bodies? I need to put together a honker spread for this year and thought these might be a good option.

2. Dr Swane

Dr Swane Elite Refuge Member

I’d recommend Dakota Lessers and what ever brand (Whiterock, Tanglefree, Big Al’s, Dive Bomb, Real Geese, DOA, DiveBomb, Silo Sock, I have some of all of them, any brand will work) FFA87334-D6C0-4BA3-9CD8-25745A0B4B4E.jpeg E5499DFC-F9AD-4694-888A-37D7543E5875.jpeg 38CB0B61-88EE-4326-9A12-8A3986B9BC33.jpeg Silhouette decoys you go with. The lessers are durable, and as big as some other brands full size geese. And just keep adding to your spread as you go. 2-4dozen and 5-15 dozen silos will get the job done for most hunters. Dial those numbers back if you hunt solo or with only a few guys. Dakota Lessers, and Real Geese Economy Silo’s

matthew needs likes this.
  3. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

I looked at their Evac full bodies and wasn’t impressed with the quality.

cnegeese801 and matthew needs like this.
  4. matthew needs

matthew needs New Member

I’ve been looking at those also. Do you know if Dakota typically runs a preseason sale like tanglefree does?

5. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

How is anyone expecting sales with the current economy and supply chain interruptions?

Fozzbear likes this.
  6. Dr Swane

Rogers has them for $170-$180/6 on sale pretty often

matthew needs likes this.
  7. Geez n Quackers

Geez n Quackers Senior Refuge Member

Your satisfaction will be based on your expectations. If you are buying them because you want a highly realistic decoy that looks the same every time you take them out of the back of a trailer and set them up in a field - as expected from a harder bodied full-body decoy - you may be disappointed. If you are good with a reasonable simulation of a typical "full-body" decoy, that may vary from slightly dented up to looking like it was totaled in a crash, you may like them just fine.

The pros are they are fairly realistic appearing when holding their full designed form, simple, lightweight, and relatively lower in cost compared to standard full-body decoys. The downside is they do crush and dent. And this does not easily just pop out as some of the advertising would indicate. So don't think you can cram a bunch in a bag, carry them in, and pop them out of the bag and into their intended shape with ease. In fact getting them into their intended shape or even close to it can be extremely frustrating.

I had a bunch, did not like them at all because the weaknesses I mentioned above, and sold them all. Talked to the guy I sold them to and he didn't mind their battered shape going into the purchase, and even after using them for a season.

GK1 and matthew needs like this.
  8. matthew needs

matthew needs New Member

Never said I was expecting one? Why wouldn’t I wait for a sale if they typically have one though? Confused by the intent of your post.

9. Dr Swane

I just looked, they’re on sale at Rogers $169 and free shipping. I don’t know your budget, but I’d buy those up if I was looking to add to the decoys. Buddies already have. We picked up 10dozen + in the off season. Other buddies have been hunting over their fully flocked and the same lessers for 80+ hunts and they all still hold up well. We offloaded 5 dozen avian-x full bodies to make room for the new dakotas. I’d say too, the Dakota lessers are better than the avian lessers and DOA full body geese. https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com...MI0qGXvpeH8gIVhG1vBB0sAg1jEAQYBiABEgK9uPD_BwE

DOA Fulls on top, Avian X Lessers on repurposed GHG Stands E82AE97E-544D-4537-8907-B6131F99854F.jpeg 72344B20-AAD8-4C5F-A6F9-8083CA29EAA3.jpeg

10. 1duckmaster

1duckmaster Elite Refuge Member

We generally use a trailer full of Bigfoots but the last couple seasons we have added some bulk decoy club and gym shoe decoys to our spread for walk in spots. They are much like the whiterock evacs. Yea they dont look great, but we sure have killed a lot of geese over them.