California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Who is the A-hole in Chico

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by OLY, Feb 23, 2021.

1. OLY

OLY Elite Refuge Member

Throwing your carcasses of breasted snow geese on the side of the side of the road on Hicks Lane shows how much you punk that you are.

thomakr likes this.
  2. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

Yep, this has been beaten to death on FB in the few hours after discovery. Puts a black eye on every one of us who love our sport.

thomakr and hunt'ngreen like this.
  3. black&blueshoulder

black&blueshoulder Elite Refuge Member

I am an A-hole in Chico

4. black&blueshoulder

black&blueshoulder Elite Refuge Member

But I would dump them somewhere more appropriate

Brottboss likes this.
  5. 1911king

1911king Elite Refuge Member

Critters gotta eat too. Snowflakes don’t like seeing dead sheet? Tell them to avoid the meat section at the grocery store.

creedsduckman and Refugeguy like this.
  6. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

Is the FB sensation about littering or mutilating?

7. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

Mostly revolving around snowflakes who see it as disrespectful. I could give two ***ts about their feelings, so there is that. It just fuels their hatred of us that much more.
    I had the same hatred when some asswipe dumped a similar amount of birds at our blind parking area, surprisingly they were only there for a couple days,critters took care of em.

8. blacktail

blacktail Elite Refuge Member

I struggle with this pert near everyday.
    In the dump, they serve no purpose.
    Back in nature they serve all purposes.
    I have 4 places here I dump carcasses. No where near the public eye. Coons possums eagles rats have them cleaned quick. But I still feel dirty. Not sure why. I drove around 30 minutes yesterday to get rid of 8 honker carcasses.

9. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

Yup, good points made.
    Sooner or later someone will demand a funeral or memorial service for the deceased bird/animal.
    When birds are taken within reasonable driving distance of one's residence, it makes sense to me to transport carcasses intact and clean them at home, then placing the remains in a personal trash bin. When birds get taken at a distant place, I'd say it's reasonable to clean them at the remote place, then use good sense when disposing of the remains. As noted, only an asswipe would dump at frequently used parking lots and roadsides. Still, asswipe they may be, everyone gets the blackeye.

10. Jim Dandy

Jim Dandy Elite Refuge Member

I bury a lot of carcasses in my garden/planting areas over the winter, and till the soil before planting. I don't know if this helps or hurts, but I feel better about doing that then throwing them in the garbage. I'm not sure why...........Sometimes I put carcasses in my "green" can, which goes to composting. The guidelines say any organic garbage can go in there, so what is the difference between a duck carcass and a half eaten steak? Just feathers I guess. I agree that buzzards got to eat same as worms, but it is not difficult to keep carcasses out of the public eye. Pure disregard for the game and the sport combined with tremendous laziness.

Dandy