Who is watching?

BlackLegendGauge

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Kansas Electioneering is knowingly attempting to persuade or influence eligible voters to vote for or against a particular candidate, party or question submitted. Electioneering includes wearing, exhibiting or distributing labels, signs, posters, stickers or other materials that clearly identify a candidate in the election or clearly indicate support or opposition to a question submitted election within any polling place on election day or advance voting site during the time period allowed by law for casting a ballot by advance voting or within a radius of 250 feet from the entrance thereof. Electioneering shall not include bumper stickers affixed to a motor vehicle

What Lauber did last night when he said "I hope this amendment does not pass and I am voting NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO was illegal as he is persuading other commissioners to vote on his side. He knows that he will cast the last vote so that is why he uses this intimidation method to get his way. It was an illegal vote and the Governor needs to hear about it.
Just going off this comment here, what he did was not illegal. Is there anything else that keeps him from voicing which way he will vote, idk. But voicing his choice does not match with the electioneering definition given.

Reactions: CJT

golden boy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Isn’t he trying to persuade the other commissioners to vote his way? I mean after he lost he told them they voted against veterans day and got a commissioner to change his vote.

WuChang

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Isn’t he trying to persuade the other commissioners to vote his way? I mean after he lost he told them they voted against veterans day and got a commissioner to change his vote.
KDWP Commission meeting does not meet the legal definition of a polling place…….

golden boy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Listen, I went to law school, it was the toughest day of my life but I learned this. You go to a polling place to cast a vote into law, commissioners vote to place something into law. This ain't a bunch of dudes voting to see who takes out the ugly girl on the block. Voting for season dates is a law, last I checked. You cannot try to influence other members to vote your way. I cannot yell, I voted for Biden and you should too at the polling place.

WuChang

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Since you think you have a flagrant violation of the law….

Be sure to tell us what the State Attorney General’s office says when you file a complaint that the KDWP Commission is violating the Kansas Electioneering Law

While you are at it……file one on the state Legislature since they try to influence other representatives…..and they do make laws there

After they laugh you out of their office you might look into remedial civics classes

gold10

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I really don’t give a rip if what the chairman did was illegal or not. How he acted was unprofessional and improper…and it’s not the first time. It would be one thing if the public count vote him off the commission but that is not an option since it’s a cabinet level position appointed by the governor. We deserve better representation and I’ve let the Secretary know that.

WuChang

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
In bureaucracy

Inappropriate equals a reprimand

Illegal equals fired or in jail

CJT

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Listen, I went to law school, it was the toughest day of my life but I learned this. You go to a polling place to cast a vote into law, commissioners vote to place something into law. This ain't a bunch of dudes voting to see who takes out the ugly girl on the block. Voting for season dates is a law, last I checked. You cannot try to influence other members to vote your way. I cannot yell, I voted for Biden and you should too at the polling place.
Do you actually think these commissioners aren’t having side bar conversations about this? Do you think his exclamation was the first these folks had heard of his opinion? How much would you like free speech and opinion to be limited? I find that many folks enjoy the idea of protecting free speech until it is in contrast to what they support or believe. There is no flagrant violation here, I’m not even sure it’s inappropriate really.

Last edited:

golden boy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
There are 7 commissioners

1 doesn't speak
1 rarely speaks
1 always votes staff recommendations
1 has no idea what is going on with wildlife issues
1 has first hand experience with issues in the department
1 tries hard to deliver what his constituents wants
1 is a bully and is simply out for what is best for him and his 1500 acre farm in woodson county.

So you are sticking up for the bully?

WuChang

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
There are 7 commissioners

1 doesn't speak
1 rarely speaks
1 always votes staff recommendations
1 has no idea what is going on with wildlife issues
1 has first hand experience with issues in the department
1 tries hard to deliver what his constituents wants
1 is a bully and is simply out for what is best for him and his 1500 acre farm in woodson county.

So you are sticking up for the bully?
Is English your 2nd language?

No one said anything about supporting bullying

Latest posts