Whole goose breast

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by HONKEREXTREME, Feb 17, 2020.

1. HONKEREXTREME

HONKEREXTREME Senior Refuge Member

Made this goose breast in the cast iron skillet, I made a dry rub and cooked skin side down over medium low heat for 15 mins, flipping then and cooking additional 5 minutes until internal temp of 135 degrees. It tasted like a steak, not goosie at all. LOL. I did hang he goose for 4 days as well, going to start plucking all my geese now!

2. HONKEREXTREME

HONKEREXTREME Senior Refuge Member

3. BDavis

BDavis Senior Refuge Member

I love plucking my geese. Made this the other week. Pan seared in cast iron skillet for 10 minutes then flip and finish in a 400 degree oven for an additional 10 minutes. I lost track of time so it was cooked medium instead of Med rare. It was still great. Start the goose in a cold skillet, it helps render the fat out and crisp up the skin, also salt the skin after you flip it. It will also help crisp the skin. I brined it overnight in salt and brown sugar. Also made a pan sauce while the goose rested. 963118CC-9EAA-465E-A322-33720D67C6D9.jpeg

HONKEREXTREME likes this.
  4. iaduckhunter

iaduckhunter Senior Refuge Member

I'll have to try that with some cranes.