Whos got their Teal spots picked out?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Flyway Forum' started by wooduck26, Aug 16, 2021.

1. megasupermagnum

megasupermagnum Senior Refuge Member

I just drove over that river on Saturday, it sure doesn't look like that in Wahpeton. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow if I remember.

2. RingbillRon

RingbillRon Refuge Member

I really like this post - I think more of you should take a long hard look in the mirror and come to the same conclusion. Maybe we can start a protest and get more duck hunters to stay home on the 4th...

OneShotBandit likes this.
  3. glock

glock Refuge Member

Gonna find a spot on the river that has managed to yet hold a little water. My sneakboat is going to be used a little more often this year too.

4. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

It's been too long since I've had a good Water Dove shoot!

5. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

Haven’t hunted in an early teal season since the early 80’s in Indiana. Back then I don’t recall any non target birds being killed. I do recall Mr Green Jeans being around a lot. I don’t believe that killing brown ducks will be any worse than when we have a 1 scaup limit and ringers are around.

Glad MN finally allowed a season. Let’s see how it goes. I’ll go if I get a chance but between work, bear hunting and life duties not sure it’ll happen.

Good luck to those that go

6. Matt Jones

Matt Jones Senior Refuge Member

My teal spots are getting pretty burnt.

7. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I think we are 3-1/2" above avg. this month. Neighbor Guy I'd much rather kill Teal then Canadas, but that's just me. This'll be be my 48th season! :eek: :D Teals are much more SPORTING & tastier! IMOO

8. Beaverpond

Beaverpond New Member

Haden’t been seeing any teal at all, but found blue wings all over today. The cold front last weekend must have brought some south.

Still the normal local species made up the majority of the birds I’m seeing, woodies, mallards, ringnecks, but one little cattail hole had a hundred or so teal, so I’ll probably hunt there.

I’m kinda surprised by all the doom and gloom on here. I’ve been seeing more ducks now than this time last year. Yeah the rivers are low and the tiny ponds are dry, but anywhere that I would consider a good hunting spot has water.

9. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

We took the new pup for his first canoe ride last night and was pleasantly surprised by the numbers of ducks seen.

10. Bullet21XD

Bullet21XD Elite Refuge Member

Teal...or just unidentifiable brown ducks???

Nevermind, I know the answer. :l