Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Why are your headlights so damn bright

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Ducker 4 Ever, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

Now that its dark 65% of the day, I've gotta know...

Why?

What is wrong with people that they must have 10 million candlepower LED headlights nowadays?

2. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Elite Refuge Member

Tell your folks I says high.... and watch out for deer....

but as someone who has an issue when I meet an oncoming vehicle I agree they can be ridiculous. I have no chance is seeing anything until the oncoming vehicle has gone bye.

nobands, riverrat47 and Ratdaddy like this.
  3. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Cause it lights up their road. Being considerate to others is irrelevant in today’s society. I will admit I would like much brighter headlights for driving on dark highways in the middle of the night while heading out to duck or turkey hunt.

nobands, riverrat47, texduk3 and 6 others like this.
  4. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Not me, I live on the edge. I’m still running the factory lights on an old Wrangler.
    You definitely don’t want to drive somewhere for the first time at night behind those lights. Lord knows the brakes ain’t gonna stop you neither.

5. jolle

jolle Elite Refuge Member

Most are straight from the factory these days. My '14 F-150 low beams apparently get to people since they flash at me all the time. I withhold from giving them brights until they've hit me about 3 times, then I politely inform them with the high beams that I'm not trying to blind them, and watch to see if they stay on the road after we pass .....

I agree, it is bad, I have to stare down at the white line frequently to stay on the road.

riverrat47, widgeon and Neighbor Guy like this.
  6. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

I think a lot of that is OEM nowadays. Ive got a new truck and people flash their brights at me as if I have my brights on when they're not.

Happens mostly on hills when the angle of light isn't perfectly head on.

7. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

My headlights aren't bright, but I leveled my truck and never adjusted them, specially when I have my "mudders" on..sorry little cars.

salthunter likes this.
  8. CJW

CJW Senior Refuge Member

How about when people have their equally bright fog lights on as well when there is no sign of fog?

wtrfwlr43 likes this.
  9. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

If I didn’t run my fog lights with my low beams I wouldn’t be able to see anything!

There.is.no.ST likes this.
  10. bsktball55

bsktball55 Senior Refuge Member

I'm that jackass too. My fogs are always on. My low beams are so damn dim it's not even funny, plus the fogs shine out on the side of the road better to see the deer in the ditches. I put a 42 in light bar in my grill as well that I use when it's real dark.