Wife is on the board

Sam D3

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
North east Ohio to Western Slope, Colorado
63FAF90A-6D90-4A63-BFFE-37D1A87C43D9.jpeg
Wife smacked her first duck today! Breaking what seemed to be a 4 year curse with her Mossberg Bantam. A bit cold today(11 degrees). She smacked a nice common goldeneye

share the stories of your significant others if you would like!

Woodduck31

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
having my wife on the board makes me think more that my wife is on board with me going hunting. However in 1979 the year before we got married she would go with me in the late winter to photograph waterfowl all the time. The only thing I ever got her to hunt was turkey and she went with me on our farm in southeast kansas and got a nice rio and then again a couple of years at the Kansas Governors Celebrity turkey hunt where the photo was taken. We are 40 years older now, but she will still ride along in the drift boat when we are fly fishing and take pictures, but steadfastly refuses to fish. Having your wife on the board with a goldeneye is impressive.

20342_101724259860181_7440609_n.jpg

Sam D3

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
having my wife on the board makes me think more that my wife is on board with me going hunting. However in 1979 the year before we got married she would go with me in the late winter to photograph waterfowl all the time. The only thing I ever got her to hunt was turkey and she went with me on our farm in southeast kansas and got a nice rio and then again a couple of years at the Kansas Governors Celebrity turkey hunt where the photo was taken. We are 40 years older now, but she will still ride along in the drift boat when we are fly fishing and take pictures, but steadfastly refuses to fish. Having your wife on the board with a goldeneye is impressive.

View attachment 325516
Impressive bird she got there! Wife and I hunt just about everything together. Haven’t dabbled much in turkeys, anyone who has the patience for those birds is a true outdoorsman/woman

Woodduck31

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
turkey hunting is only about having turkeys to hunt without interference from other hunters. If you have that like we did on our farm it's pretty easy. Now that I'm in Idaho, it's pretty crappy with continual interference from atv traffic. My wife is 64 and getting out and getting cold in the duck blind doesn't appeal to her anymore. She will occasionally go along on an afternoon duck hunt when the weather is nice to watch the dogs work, but she doesn't like us killing anything now, kind of makes things unhandy.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Shot one last year I'd never heard such a strange noise that it made while flying.
Not skilled I just got lucky. Rare bird here.
She must've been happy happy.

Sam D3

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score

waterswatter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
View attachment 325509 Wife smacked her first duck today! Breaking what seemed to be a 4 year curse with her Mossberg Bantam. A bit cold today(11 degrees). She smacked a nice common goldeneye

share the stories of your significant others if you would like!

Awesome!

Is that the normal amount of snow for this time of year? My sister still has her house in Louisville and I know it had been dry there. Just wondering about the mountains in your photo?

Sam D3

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Awesome!

Is that the normal amount of snow for this time of year? My sister still has her house in Louisville and I know it had been dry there. Just wondering about the mountains in your photo?
With where we are at it’s about average. Once you start getting into the higher elevations it gets deeper. Drive about 4 miles up the side of the hill we’re on and you’ll be in about 26” of snow at 7500’. But the south facing slopes melt off much quicker.