Will Democrats accept election loss?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by The_Duck_Master, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

We choose truth over facts.....

pintail2222 likes this.
  2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

And you can quote Joe on that - oh wait - you did! :yes :l

3. Michael

Michael Elite Refuge Member

well, whoever wins I hope the loser accepts the fact as well as the Democrats have after Trump's victory....:doh:scratch:no

mmayes, API and OneShotBandit like this.
  4. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

Point, you may be spot on. I have no trouble believing there could be some shift hitting the fan, regardless of who wins the election. What do you think the possibilities are, and what are you doing to prepare?

5. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

I don't like how he says stuff but I completely understand why he said "it depends." That was a "have you stopped beating your wife" question. They were setting him up in the case of a disputed outcome like Bush/Gore. No politician in their right mind should blindly say "yes" to that question. It always depends on the situation. Those that say otherwise are just more comfortable with lying for appearances sake. Shame on you for letting your bias cloud your vision of that.

WoodieSC, KENNEDY63 and Michael like this.
  6. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

I think what makes you a liberal, communist traitor is when you act like one.

YL03

WoodieSC, Bear, ALMODUX and 1 other person like this.
  7. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

[​IMG]
    @yellowlab03 Awwww, did your little feelings get hurt.
    Party over country... or is it now TOPOC, trump over party over country.

Ruination likes this.
  8. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

I've said it before, and it's still true...

Both sides don't like their own candidate, but they for dam# sure are completely against the other candidate.

As someone who is generally a conservative, it is hard for me to see those on the Left going further and further afield embracing some of the most radical liberal ideas, and their supporters not really doing anything to stop it. Biden keeping Sanders around for advice on tax hikes, discussing portions of the Green New Deal, and being more radically to the Left than BHO doesn't seem to bother those who claim to be "moderate Left". From my perspective, the Left wants to virtue signal and say the right things rather than doing the hard things that actually make a difference because the hard truths will cost them. And, they are more worried about getting Trump out than the price that is going to come with it.

But, I also realize that my own bias comes into play. And to some extent, the Republicans made the same deal with Trump four years ago. Both sides feel backed into a corner.

Neither of the major parties offers a candidate worth anything. The people in Congress excoriating Trump have been in office for 30-45 years themselves; I'd say they are far more culpable for the condition of this country than Trump. And to say that they haven't been openly working against Trump is willful ignorance at best.

I've never doubted that we would have a peaceful transition and that Left and Right would continue to respect the framework of our government even if they did not respect each other. But the last few years and the increasing rhetoric are starting to make me wonder.

9. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Previously when bashed by Dems and the MSM - even back when I was a registered Repub - the GOP leadership would come out and be like: "gosh we are sorry that we don't believe illegal aliens should be allowed to vote - but let us appease you in hopes that you'll like us so we will cave in".... They had no guts - no spine. But now for the last three years they have. And it makes those who have been in Congress for 30-45 years very uncomfortable.

10. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Beer...baby! Real beer too not that PBR pizz.