Will War even be necessary?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by WidgeonmanGH, Jun 3, 2021.

1. grahler

grahler Senior Refuge Member

ok, Wes.

I’m not so sure when they shut down so many things like shipyards, you know they can’t just turn the switch back on when all the big equipments been auctioned off and very big important pieces like giant mills and lathes sold to China for pennies on the dollar in the 90’s
    We don’t have the ability to sustain a war effort from a production and maintenance standpoint.
    The technical expertise required to be effective with respect to manufacturing has retired and is dying off everyday.
    It’s a travesty.
    Our military isn’t what some think it is imo.
    What happens when one hypersonic missile can take out a carrier?
    Our enemies already can do it!
    I am a patriot and have tremendous respect for those who serve and served but politicians are involved and do stupid things like close shipyards.
    The talent that existed in some of those locations will not be assembled together again. It is nonexistent.
    I find it ironic how we won our Independence fighting the well funded redcoats and look at us now all teched out bankrupting ourselves for these expensive planes etc.
    Limited availability and tremendous maintenance requirements....
    I dunno if I feel that great about the CURRENT state of our military, that’s for sure.

Wes says the only thing worse than law breakers are law makers!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    API likes this.
  2. DA

DA Elite Refuge Member

3. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

We can't even have this conversation without first knowing the actual military capabilities.
    If there are DEWs that changes everything.
    I think we can assume that there are DEWs.

4. Fowl Hunter

Fowl Hunter Elite Refuge Member

For those here that a preparing for the worst of times - You folks dwell on negatives all the time. Seem to be thinking a lot about what you will do in a civil war. Must be depressing.

I truly believe the last 50 years have been the greatest time to be alive on earth. And the next 50 are going to be even better, I'm planning on 25 to 30 years of great living. The thoughts in my head are planning for lots of fun.

5. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

Realizing that ideas have diverse meanings, are not universally shared, and are dependent upon many facets of life, perhaps ya might clarify your interpretation of “great living”.

OneShotBandit and yellowlab03 like this.
  6. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

Cool story bro. I've been helping or fighting a war for the past 20 years, I'd say our definition of great living has a different meaning.

YL03

7. Fowl Hunter

Last 50 have been great for me. Could start by bragging about all the experiences I've checked off my bucket list so far.

The fear that most here show with every post is obvious. Fear is a lousy emotion. I don't live in fear.

Since 9/11, selling fear has become a business model and you folks have bought it all.

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I’ve been around the world a few times. I’ve been to lots of places and experienced lots of cultures here and overseas. I do what I want, when I want, most of the time. I don’t fear much. You are confusing fear with something else. Out of control spending (by Rs and Ds) and sweeping federal government overreach (by Rs and Ds) is leading us down a path of becoming a broke nanny-state. One day, free thought will be on the menu. I don’t fear that. I understand it is what it is, and I, being a free-thinking person who enjoys bare-bones government, understand it’s where we are headed. It’s unsustainable. That’s not fear. That’s common sense. You can’t bring in a dime and spend a dollar every day. I’m in a pretty good position, were it to all collapse tomorrow. I could sit back and laugh for a while and let y’all sort it out. You live in a tornado alley, and you learn to stay at least a little prepared.

Technologically speaking, you aren’t wrong. We’ve entered a great age of technological leaps and bounds. 50 years ago, the processing power I hold in my hand wouldn’t fit in a warehouse. That’s cool. Doesn’t mean much more than that, though. We’re never more than a generation from going back centuries. Someone is getting closer every day to making a gigantic EMP. Humans have warred since before recorded history. Humans will war after we’re all dead. At some point, the USA will cease to exist. These are all things we know. That’s not fear. One doesn’t even have to be terribly realistic to see that. But to deny it, they do have to be quite dumb.

Rumor on the skreet is just as many liberals are toting guns these days as anyone else. They all living in fear too, or are their guns for something else? When I’m packing a gun it’s for hunting or poisonous snakes. It’s only a handy side thought for legged snakes. I do believe if everyone carried a piece that we’d see a lot less random acts of violence. You rarely see gunmen shooting up armed citizenry, vs the unarmed ones. Them types of folks wouldn’t know what to do if their victims could return fire.

Did you stay home during COVID? If so, was it out of fear?

9. Fowl Hunter

Hunted about 100 days last fall all over the west. RVed it in the cabover camper. Started on Aug. 8 - A zone opener in California. Ended it January 31st chasing chukars near Death Valley. Highlites - Dove hunting was excellent near Fresno in Sept. I like the heat! Couldn't get a shot at those damned blacktails. Hunted hard for elk most of the 24 day season, didn't see any antlers. Hunted whitetails in Nov. in North Idaho. Passed on many smaller whitetail bucks and saw a big one at 400 yards moving, no shot. Filled my extra doe tag with a good size deer that has been good eating. Cut and split about 10 cords last summer. I believe my nasty slap shot development was helped by running a chain saw so much since a teenager.

10. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

You are the one on the PAF who bought into the COVID-19 Pandemic hook, line and sinker.

Your middle name is FEAR. The claims you made about how we were all going to die is now legendary. The Black Plague was my personal fave. :bow :bow :bow :bow

https://www.refugeforums.com/threads/please-get-the-virus-and.1066825/#post-11552084

We are the ones who did not live our lives in fear. We all still live in our homes and we all still drive our trucks and we all still own our guns and hunt with them. And you still live in fear.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021