Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Will you take the Vaccine?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by AvianQuest, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Luigi Daniele

Luigi Daniele Turkey Hunters Forum Moderator

NorCal: specks,sprig,gobblers,blacktails.
    A rushed vaccine when they haven’t developed a vaccine for AIDS, the common cold or the flu?
    Nope

Hodagger and Grif like this.
  2. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

Absolutely not. Even bigger absolutely not if it’s mandated

JJVizinat, Hodagger and Luigi Daniele like this.
  3. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

If the vaccine was ready by January, it would probably not be widely available for another 8-12 months after that.

I would fight like hell to avoid my kids having it, while still being able to attend school. Having my children take an "unknown" vaccine for a condition that does not really affect children does not seem logical. (And yes I understand herd-immunity, but I also understand that children thus far seem to be poor vectors anyways).

Being in health care, I would likely take it by the time it is available. I would be doing some reading before I do though.

When engaging in medicine for any patient, I always look at the risk/benefit ration. The risk long-term damage to children (as we currently know) is low... And while some studies will be done, I doubt there will be extensive studies on children, and it will be impossible to predict any long-term effects...

On the other hand, I am in health care. I am in a field in which I am in close contact with patients and thus putting myself and patients at risk with every encounter. The recent history of vaccines put on the market is low risk, so I would presume my risk is higher with the infection than with the vaccine.

We should all, to some degree be weighing the risk/benefit ration, including the risk to others that we pose by taking or not taking the vaccine, based on the information available.

Ruination and OneShotBandit like this.
  4. Vammy

Vammy Elite Refuge Member

I’ll pass on the vaccine. Flu, COVID, whatever. No.

Grif likes this.
  5. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

If it comes out Bill Gates has any hand in its development then hell no

riverrat47 likes this.
  6. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

I was refused a Covid test back in April ,I am 65, diabetic, have COPD,and my Dr.told me I didnt meet the criteria. This was back when all those NBA players were getting tests.
    No test no vaccines.

widgeon likes this.
  7. wtrfwlr43

wtrfwlr43 Elite Refuge Member

My Wife is high risk and so am I. Yes, I'll take it as soon as it's available. I would much rather wait a year though.

widgeon and OneShotBandit like this.
  8. kyduckman

kyduckman Senior Refuge Member

Hell no! If I should catch the Kung Flu, my plan is to make my way to Berkeley and cough on every liberal I cross paths with. Especially the old ones!

JuvieCoot and riverrat47 like this.
  9. Mallard Machete

Mallard Machete Elite Refuge Member

Just Say No.

stumpjumper0531 likes this.
  10. Soggy Socks

Soggy Socks Senior Refuge Member

Likely won't know the possible long term effects before its available and I'll be nervous but I'll get it. I'm high risk (heart, asthma, type 2) I get the shingles vaccine and flu shots. Had both before no fun at all so I do what I can to avoid them.

wtrfwlr43 and OneShotBandit like this.