Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Will you take the Vaccine?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by AvianQuest, Jul 28, 2020.

1. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

I wouldn't overestimate your immunity to the flu. It is most likely because many of your fellow Americans got a flu shot and you are protected by herd immunity. But stopping this thing is not about you, it is about getting the economy up and running again. You can open up things as much as you want but as long as people stay home, stop, making purchases due to uncertainty, supply chains shutting down, etc. If getting a shot and wearing a mask helps in any way, then I see it as my duty as an American to help out any way I can.

2. Ratdaddy

Ratdaddy Senior Refuge Member

Meh...I have been working the entire time so I would say I'm doing my part without the vaccine.

As for the vaccine I probably won't get it. I will watch and see the results. I don't get the flu shot, but that won't influence my thinking on a Covid19 vaccine. My decision will be based on apparent efficacy and side effects when compared to the virus itself. I am a fairly healthy 50 year old so pretty low risk for Covid19. Same with my wife and kids. I realize bad things happen with this virus even in our prospective demographics but odds are in our favor. Some vaccines have caused death an damage (or there wouldn't be settlements) although I believe in vaccines in general.

A fasttracked vaccine or cure gives me pause. On one hand it impressed me the speed at which the world of medicine can move when motivated, but on the other hand what steps were skipped or avoided and at what cost?

Diver Slayer and me&mylab like this.
  3. hobbydog

Do you have parents or grandparents you see regularly? I don't think any steps are being skipped. Some are in phase 3 trials now and lots of "guinea pigs" are testing it now.

4. molliesmaster

molliesmaster Senior Refuge Member

Hobbydog, I think the beauty of the American way is that if you want to take the vaccine, you can, and if you don't want to take the vaccine, you don't have to.

I think there's a quote by a famous guy that runs something like: "Those who would trade freedom for safety deserve neither" or something akin to that. But I think you get the gist.

There are plenty of good, logical reasons as to why someone would not want to get a vaccine in its infancy when the long and short term effects have not been studied. Luckily, God gave us brains to use to make that call, and being American affords us the opportunity, or the right, to make that call on our own accord. If you don't like that, you're free to move to a country that will make the vaccination mandatory for its citizens, for your safety.

5. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

I am sure plenty of you have got it and didn’t know it. A couple of my coworkers found out they had it. Only reason they know is their family members tested positive because they work places with mandatory daily or weekly testing. None of them had any symptoms serious enough to miss a day of work.

Why take a vaccine rushed to market with real dangers and unknowns for a virus that causes little or no symptoms of those who catch it? It boggles my mind every time I talk to people in very low risk categories that are scared of this thing.

I am very excited for the release of the vaccine but only because I hope it puts a lot of this covid stupidness and fear to rest. It’ll give all these scared people a false sense of security.

6. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

Guarantee you as soon as the vaccine is available to the masses the MSM And the left will start their narrative of people who take it vs those that don’t. It’s their next opportunity to divide this country even more.

Mean Gene and Ratdaddy like this.
  7. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

No, hydroxychloroquine comes with the Alex Jones chip. Much preferable to the 666 Beast Gates one.

Ducker 4 Ever and fishnfool like this.
  8. Ratdaddy

Ratdaddy Senior Refuge Member

If no shortcuts were taken then how can we be looking at a fall release for a vaccine they promised us would take between 18 months and 2 years if things went well?

Yes I have parents and at 79 and 80 I would probably encourage them to get the vaccine. But they most likely won't just as they seem to avoid my requests that they stay home and wear a mask in public. They quietly dissent...not bitchong about their rights or whatever. I suppose its and earned privilege that goes with living that long as to whether you go your own route or not...novel concept.

As for patriotism and your self imposed appointment into some special patriotic club and and my inclusion being based on whether I get the vaccine is fekkin ridiculous. You can keep that stupid little badge you will pin on yourself. Nobody else will think you more patriotic for it nor me any less for not...

Mean Gene likes this.
  9. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

"Lord, save me from the good people"

JP likes this.
  10. hobbydog

You are contradicting yourself. You are worried about the safety of the vaccine so you are trading in your freedom to move about the country and open things back up. Right now you have neither.
    Without trying to make this political, does anyone not see the irony. The one thing that would help Trump the most would be getting the economy back on track. Masks and a vaccine are the best shots at that other than just letting it run its course over the next couple of years. Yet, his most ardent supporters are the ones most dead set against doing either. :doh

4 BUCK likes this.