Winchester Super X-2

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Mrs.10GAGENUT, Dec 31, 2003.

1. DiverJoe

DiverJoe Elite Refuge Member

I bought my SX2 before Ohio's season opened up. I took it dove hunting and had a riot shooting those speedsters. It ejected light loads without a hitch. The only problem I have ever had with it was one day we were hunting a area with lots of sand on the breakwall. During the course of the hunt all kinds of sand and grit got into my gun and my buddies. He has the 3.5 version. I have the 3" version. We never did get a shot but when we went to empty our guns they were hard to cycle the shells out. We found that we had to take the butt pad off and get all of the sand and water that had accumulated in there out. I sprayed mine very liberally with carb and brake cleaner and then ran some very hot water in the butt stock. Flushed out lots of sand and grit. It now cycles flawlessly. On a different note. I sprayed Dupli-Color truck bed line on my barrel and reciever. It left a nice durable coating on the gun. Our guns take some abuse in the boat and on the rocks so I wanted something that would help protect the gun from the elements and rust. I highly reccomend this gun for purchase. If in fact you do buy it and then want to get rid of it you could sell it fast on the classifieds here. I imagine though you will fall in love with it. The only thing that I would of liked to have had on this gun from the factory would of been a magazine cut off switch. Other than that,its a real workhorse.

2. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

I bought one this summer and love it. Have always been a pump man but really liked the looks and the feel of the gun. I have not had an ounce of trouble and thats from the lightest trap loads to some screamin' reloads. I just recently bought a terror tube for it and the few patterns I shot were great 80-90% rsi 132 #3 @ 40 yds. The one thing I know for sure is the duckies are hatin' that gun!!!:sp

3. fowlogic

fowlogic Senior Refuge Member

I have the three version in matte black. I LOVE it! Bob

4. AL-IA

AL-IA Senior Refuge Member

Great Gun, Had mine 3 years, no problems at all...It now is collecting dust, because I bought a Browning LT Gold 10...AL-IA

5. arrowheadsaver

arrowheadsaver Senior Refuge Member

My wife and I both bought on this past summer and have already put about 5000 rounds through the two. Some jamming problems with the light loads, but they only come once in a while, and it could be my reloads. We have the shadow grass camo with out the dura touch and am only seeing wear on the corners from my floating gun case. AWSOME GUNS, will not shoot another. They are also the fastest guns (the 3 inch) per the Nov/Dec 2000 issue of Front Site magazine. They shot 5 rounds in .51 seconds. Its a great gun. LOVE IT.

6. 43x

43x Elite Refuge Member

My brother has one this is his second or third season. He shoots a lot, has never had a problem