Winchester SXP Turkey Hunter 20 Gauge?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by PrairieDream'n, Apr 21, 2019.

1. PrairieDream'n

PrairieDream'n Senior Refuge Member

I was looking to pick up a new turkey gun in 20. Does anyone use or have experience with this shotgun? I was looking at the older model with traditional stock, not the newer "tactical turkey"...I've killed a couple birds with a little youth rem 870 and TSS, both @ 40 yds and decided why carry a heavy 12 when I can carry a light 20 and do the same thing. Anyway, if you know anything about the Winchester I'd be glad to hear your opinion. Thanks!

2. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

the SXP with invector+ choke tube with a IndianCreek 555-562 and some TSS turkey shells will absolutely hammer them gobblers close and further than needed. If you got the SXP you'll be happy with how it shoots.

3. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Elite Refuge Member

Give a compound bow a try!

4. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Have a SXP 12 gauge- good shooter thus far for ducks- it weight a full pound less than my Benelli Supernova, c. 7 lbs., so you might want to try that instead of the 20 and retain the 12 gauge's additional "oomph"

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

The 20 will kill birds just fine.

6. yote72571

yote72571 New Member