Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

With the ammo being in short supply are y’all having any difficulty finding waterfowl or big game

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Bear, Nov 17, 2020.

1. jjgoose

jjgoose Elite Refuge Member

I bought 1000 rounds of 9mm in feb i think. Glad i did, but im afraid to shoot it now because i cant find any more. I like to keep at least 1000 rnds of handgun ammo on my shelf.

texduk3 likes this.
  2. LAquacker

LAquacker Refuge Member

I cannot find .270 ammo.
    Hell, I can't find any rifle ammo. Waterfowl ammo is plentiful. (For now)

3. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

Nothing waterfowl wise.
    I bought almost a pallets worth of each #2 and BB, 15 years ago,still working my way through the stockpile.
    Dont hunt big game.

4. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

I’ve been hoarding since Obama got elected. Good luck guys

texduk3, nugentfan, Clam and 6 others like this.
  5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Me too. And if any of my Obama lovin F&F want some ammo and a gun when their Rainbow unicorn World turns into a BLM/Antifa Godzilla.

Sorry I ain’t got none. See ya at grandma’s for Christmas dinner. :cool:

07AMF and Out of focus like this.
  6. Out of focus

Out of focus Elite Refuge Member

Steel and lead shot shells are plentiful in the greater Baton Rouge area. The only way to buy 9mm is to purchase a handgun chambered for it and they’ll sell you a couple boxes. I seen bullets for deer calibers but no 223 or 5.56.

7. reddogge

reddogge Senior Refuge Member

I have plenty of .22LR, 30-06, 7.62x39, misc ammo for some mil-surps. I have several boxes of steel loads so I need to buy some. I only shoot one or two rounds of .270 a year so I'm good for the rest of my lifetime. I'm reloading 12 and 20 ga for sporting clays.

8. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

Oddly enough, .223/5.56 is plentiful right now. I could go by a ton of it. Handgun ammo in the more popular calibers is about impossible to get hold of right now ,and, if you find it and can afford it, there is usually a limit to how much you can buy. .22 is fairly plentiful now.

9. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

That's true I suppose. But that might just be cause demand is high and it's 0.50 a round for steel .223 and $0.80 for 5.56 ball.

stevena198301 and QuaaackerJack like this.
  10. hunting1

hunting1 Elite Refuge Member

Primer shortages are what's holding up a lot ammo availability. I know you reload @Bear. Tried buying any of those or are you stocked up? With Biden''s plan to outlaw online purchasing of ammo becoming more widely known, ammo becomes almost a daily scavenge hunt. New supplies sell out in hours. And honestly some places that normally carry it are cleaning off their shelves and cashing in on the panic by putting it on auction sites where it brings more than the normal. It's only going to get worse the more likely it looks like Biden will be pres and the more people realize what Kamala''s stance is

Bear likes this.