Wolves?

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by Vanilla, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

2. Duckboy

Duckboy Elite Refuge Member

Yup, and whos to wonder when it will stop? I dont know about you, but if im heading out, so does the 44.

3. rjefre

rjefre Elite Refuge Member

Be interesting to see what they come up with when they catch one. Sheep herders and cow farmers may have to take a few for the team if they turn out to be wolves.
    R

4. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

I guarantee they're wolves. People think that a wolf in Utah is such a rare thing. There have been MANY documented wolf captures and sightings in different parts of the state. I don't know why people get so surprised to hear it every time this stuff pops up. I bet within the next 5 years we have our own documented breeding pack. (It could already here...just not publicly documented yet)

5. tshuntin

tshuntin Elite Refuge Member

There are no wolves in Utah, therefore, if I see anything that looks like one, I will shoot it because I know it is a coyote.

6. bustsducks

bustsducks Elite Refuge Member

There is a interesting Wolf documentary link on the Montana forum. If you have a few minutes check it out. It was a eye opener.

7. mojo1

mojo1 Elite Refuge Member

That gonna work great right up until they catch one of us! ;)

Better remember to carry a shovel to bury'em deep!!!:dv

8. Pintail Hunter

Pintail Hunter Elite Refuge Member

The coyote's worst enemy is the wolf.
    The fox's worst enemy is the coyote.

If the state wants to control coyotes then they need to introduce wolves. They are far more efficient and effective at killing coyotes than any human run coyote predator control program.

Of course, if we have the wolves back to control the coyotes then the wolves will kill all the elk so then we'll have to kill the wolves but they'll be replaced by coyotes who will then kill all the deer so then we'll have to kill all the .......

And let's not forget if we eliminate the coyotes and then we'll have too many foxes, racoons and skunks. Worse yet, we could have too many deer like has happened in Bountiful. Centerville is running a close second with many of my neighors now giving up on growing gardens. The deer eat all of it.

I don't know when we will ever realize that we can't control nature. Everytime we try to control or replace one element of nature we suddenly end up "cured of what we're suffering from and suffering from the cure".

9. Carl Taylor

Carl Taylor Senior Refuge Member

Steve, they are all manageable, problem is politics and hidden agendas some how always seem to make their way to the top, and gain traction. History has already shown that wolves cannot be left unchecked; they are an apex predator, killing machines.

Get Ready Utah...enter, the wolf!

10. Pintail Hunter

Pintail Hunter Elite Refuge Member

Carl. Good to hear from you. Joel skipped town and left us with no goose again. :mad::mad::mad:

I agree. When to apex predators arrive, the b and c plex predators will suffer big time. But the ones closer to the bottom may gain from it too.