Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

Won't make it for early season, but....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by wprebeck, Aug 11, 2019.

1. wprebeck

wprebeck Refuge Member

My son and I will be TN duck hunters come around October.

Our offer on a house between Big Sandy and Camden was accepted yesterday. Will be moving my family down there as soon as we close - our current house took less than 48 hours to sell, and I will have closings for both on the same day.

Got to make it through the inspections and such, but unless something weird happens, I should be an official TN resident by the end of next month or thereabouts. I retire from my current gig on 2/1/20, and will spend the workweek here in Louisville, coming home on the weekends. It'll suck, but I've got around five weeks of leave to burn up by February.

Looking forward to living in an area where my son and I can actually see ducks.....things ain't all that great around here.

2. J.SCOTT

J.SCOTT Senior Refuge Member

Good luck. You might find some real good hunting partners at Missionary grove church, in Camden.

3. wprebeck

wprebeck Refuge Member

So...dunno if serious. Another forum I venture on, the guys like to screw with people - especially new folks.

mmayes likes this.
  4. Orangefeet

Orangefeet Elite Refuge Member

Dont do it.....its a cruel trick!

J.SCOTT likes this.
  5. J.SCOTT

No, the preacher there is an avid duck hunter. Check them out on facebook.:tu

6. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Welcome to Tennessee.

7. J.SCOTT

Wprebeck,
    When you do come down bring some cold weather with you. We have been missing some cold,harsh, nasty duck killing conditions the past few years

8. wprebeck

wprebeck Refuge Member

Yeah, it sucks hunting in 70 degree weather during December...

9. wprebeck

wprebeck Refuge Member

Posted in the Gun Dog forum, but no suggestions - any help from you guys would be appreciated "

Assuming all goes well with the paperwork, I'm moving the family ftom Louisville to the Camden, TN area.

We have several dogs, and will be looking for a good vet - preferably one that is experienced with high performance/athletic dogs. We don't mind driving a bit for the right vet, so are there any recommendations?

10. westuffem

westuffem Elite Refuge Member

wprebeck welcome to tenn. Some good hunting in that area. But if you want to fit in with the Camden waterfowlers you will have to do a few things. First you will have to get a 10 .shot gun and 3 cases of triple bbs, next practice shooting at 70 and 80 yard swing ducks working your neighbors blind, buy a boat with at least a 75 hp. motor and a 4 foot light bar and have deep pockets so you can buy a blind at the next blind drawing. Again welcome to Tenn.