Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Working? Staying home? Doing nothing?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by salthunter, May 20, 2020.

1. Mort

Mort Elite Refuge Member

Spent 3 hours mowing my folks' front pasture this afternoon. Going Sturgeon fishing in the morning.

2. Vahunter

Vahunter Elite Refuge Member

I go to work as I'm 'essential'. (Feel bad for those whose businesses are getting hammered). Wife works from home, son goes to work, DIL goes to work, daughter never went back from Spring break but finished this week. I turkey hunted a few days, worked around the house and went to Home Depot as needed.

3. techfowl

techfowl Elite Refuge Member

Our business (engineering) has been deemed "essential". About half of the office is working from home, I told boss-man that I did not want to work from home if possible. I am amazed how well things have been working out, perhaps more efficient. We have Teams meetings at least twice a day with out project team and I feel like communication is better than if they are here in the office. Less BS time.

hobbydog, BigSkyDuk and stevena198301 like this.
  4. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator

I’ve been working from home since mid March. Might be working from home through the end of June, possibly the end of July. I don’t mind it a bit. Less distractions, fewer interruptions.

Still living life, just at a slightly different pace. Went to California to turkey hunt in April. Antelope hunts coming up in August. Life goes on...

newduk and hobbydog like this.
  5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I do what I want.

6. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Senior Refuge Member

We are running about 60% volume of pre-covid. Seems to be picking up every day though. Enough work to keep the lights on but have had to thin the workforce a little bit. Probably a good thing for us anyway. Hoping by July 1 we are running back to normal volume.

I'm a little bit worried about how quickly the government co-opted our economy and what that could mean for the future.

7. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

I work from home but travel often, had un-retired right before this and man this is nice, no travel full pay, lots of calls and planning but so much free time I feel retired. Pouring my own slab in my pole barn next week. Foam is down, heating pipes are in, gotta tear a door out of it today between conference calls so it can be raised up 2 inches. Orioles are here big time and humming birds so bird watching is great.

stevena198301 and Farm4wildlife like this.
  8. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

I've been to the office every day. But that has more to do with my wife working from home and my kids doing school work from home. My employees are working from home as well. They come into the office once in awhile. I'm in the employment business so I've pretty much written this year off. Boat's in the water. Got in a couple of days of deep sea and so far. Probably going to be a heavy fishing summer as it won't be a working one.

9. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

In-floor heat. I've heard it's nice.

10. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

I haven't missed any work, and the secondary job opportunities are through the roof so I'm actually working more than I want to, but the money is too good to pass up.