Workplace view

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I used to work on the back of an asphalt paver. One day when it was 35 degrees out the inspector shot the back of the paver with his thermo gun. It registered 135. I can only imagine how hot it gets during a 90 degree day.

Another day we were paving around the yard inside a penitentiary. It was pushing 100. The guards couldn't believe how little water we needed. They called us a bunch of camels. We were acclimated to the heat and it didn't bother use so much.

Had a news crew come into a job when it was over 100. They were looking for vid of sweaty men working for the 5 o'clock news. The guy laboring was barely breaking one. They left shortly after because they couldn't get any money shots. "Why isn't he sweating it's hotter the hell out here" the one gal asked.

Days when I started out dehydrated were pretty tough though. Shouldn't have been out drinking the night before. Needed lots of water on them days and it came pouring out as soon as I drank it. Probably lacking in sodium as well. Maybe shoulda been salting my beers to knock the foam down.

Acclimating is huge.

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Acclimating is huge.
Yes it is , just like to the cold.
We had a 20 year old kid go home at 11 over the heat . He was sick and throwing up. Just out of trade school and no tolerance for it .
I hope he gets over it cause he shows a lot of promise

Larry Welch

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
20190329_174737.jpg
20220422_201720.jpg
20170623_140615.jpg
201611299.jpg

A little bit of anything that's needed.

Northhunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I used to work on the back of an asphalt paver. One day when it was 35 degrees out the inspector shot the back of the paver with his thermo gun. It registered 135. I can only imagine how hot it gets during a 90 degree day.

Another day we were paving around the yard inside a penitentiary. It was pushing 100. The guards couldn't believe how little water we needed. They called us a bunch of camels. We were acclimated to the heat and it didn't bother use so much.

Had a news crew come into a job when it was over 100. They were looking for vid of sweaty men working for the 5 o'clock news. The guy laboring was barely breaking one. They left shortly after because they couldn't get any money shots. "Why isn't he sweating it's hotter the hell out here" the one gal asked.

Days when I started out dehydrated were pretty tough though. Shouldn't have been out drinking the night before. Needed lots of water on them days and it came pouring out as soon as I drank it. Probably lacking in sodium as well. Maybe shoulda been salting my beers to knock the foam down.

I was yard crew for 5 years. During consecutive days of excess heat we would get acclimated to it and it wasn't bad. What made it bad was a couple days of cooler temps, then back into the heat... body would have to adjust all over again. Chugging a half frozen gatorade could make you feel alright.
It was great for shedding weight though!