WWA State meeting in GB. Two hen mallards in the bag.

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by 1duckmaster, Jan 25, 2020.

1. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

I doubt there's many who hate other duck hunters more than I do. My blood pressure is sky high from Sept 1- December thinking someone in my area might be killing "my birds"..... yet I don't want more restrictive regulations that are not needed and will negatively effect hunter numbers.

[​IMG]

2. owendog

owendog Refuge Member

I would personally like to see a 25 shot shell limit before anything else. I understand how and why the Pittman Robertson Act works. I also understand killing 10 ducks to "get" six doesn't make sense. This would help greatly with sky busting, etc. I personally don't care if you want to shoot hens, I try to avoid it as much as possible.

3. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

So deer hunting has regulations on doe’s. We can’t shoot hen pheasants. China even had a limit on how many kids you could have to control population, but somehow doubling the number of hens that are shot wont effect the population ? Surely we aren’t all this myopic in our thinking and our ability to reason.

Yes and the world is flat.

Biden’s son was hired and paid millions for his vast knowledge.

Epstein hung himself.

No one has any idea what the habitat will be the next 5 years. Too double that number is irresponsible. You want more Mallards shot, let us shoot 5 Drakes.

I’ve read all the article at length on both sides. Sometimes you just have to use common sense.

Do you believe that somehow every year a new automatic is introduced and it is the fastest, most reliable, and least recoiling too ?

4. Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson Elite Refuge Member

No matter the science behind it, people like you will not believe it. So do as @pointblind has suggested and hold yourself to the standard you would like to see, just don't push your unsubstantiated beliefs on others. Can you please explain to the group how it is Wisconsin's job to "save" the ducks for the rest of the flyway? I would love to hear your reasoning.

5. Banded1

Banded1 Elite Refuge Member

Some of you guys act like it will be mandatory to shoot 2 hen mallards first. It’s still either a choice to shoot any or a cushion if someone already has one. It’s the only species of duck I know of that has a restriction on hens, all the others seem to be doing just fine for the most part. Even when cans or other species of duck numbers are restricted, there’s no restriction on hens. I’m not saying by any means that anyone should target hens over drakes but I don’t think the mallard population is going to nosedive because an extra how many ever hens mallards get whacked.

nwood, pointblind, GK1 and 2 others like this.
  6. woodiefanatic

woodiefanatic Elite Refuge Member

Ya because not shooting hen pheasants has made there population skyrocket. Oh wait there’s less habitat so the hawks and yotes get em. Plus there non migratory so that’s like comparing apples to brussel sprouts. And comparing them to deer which are mammals that birth 1 or 2 young a year is another issue

7. woodiefanatic

Sorry about the atrocious use of the word there, their, and they’re.

SconnieBoy likes this.
  8. Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson Elite Refuge Member

Damn illiterate degenerate

GK1 and woodiefanatic like this.
  9. woodiefanatic

That’s why I had to go to school in Platteville

10. Ruff

Ruff Elite Refuge Member

Well since a high percentage of the Mallards that are shot in WI. are raised here in WI. it’s not saving them for other states in the flyway. But saving ducks for ourselves. Sure some will get whacked in another state but banding shows many return to nest again and again.

Is one more brown duck in your bag going make that much difference in your hunt??