Yall to quiet around here

Discussion in 'Mississippi Flyway Forum' started by teul2, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

You ain't been with me on the officers course.
    aim at geese ... 3 iron

Ducky18 likes this.
  2. Foxwood

Foxwood Senior Refuge Member

Third really weak year in a row on our part of MS. We've had to go west, way west, to have good hunts. Oh well, maybe next year...... That's kinda like "one more pass and they'll light"

3. QakQak73

QakQak73 Senior Refuge Member

Ducks are all stuck in North Missouri being shortstopped by the corn..... right?

4. teul2

teul2 Senior Refuge Member

I don't subscribe to any short stopping B/S, never really did. I think the migration has changed for what ever reason (weather, farming practices, pressure, food sources, etc). But we don't see 1/4 the birds we did even 4 years ago.

5. GulfCoast

GulfCoast Moderate Moderator Moderator

Weather-I hunted in short sleeves the last weekend of the season, with mosquito repellent. Why does a duck need to come south when its food is neither covered or frozen;
    Farming Practices: There is way less water in Quitman/Sunflower/Tallahatchie Counties now due to laser leveled fields doing away with a lot of the natural swags, low spots, and drainage areas that used to be so abundant. And we had 2 crop fields that were former hot spots become unhuntable this year due to them no longer holding water enough to hunt after being laser-leveled. That stuff is the devil.
    And then, there is pressure....

6. GulfCoast

What is the over/under on this post being the last one until duck season lease hunting starts up next year? :)

7. teul2

teul2 Senior Refuge Member

Pretty good odds unless I get bored and want to call you names somewhere other than a text message. :flame

8. GulfCoast

Don't hate the playa, hate the Game.

teul2 likes this.
  9. Porter Bayou

Porter Bayou Elite Refuge Member

Best year I've had since 2014. Granted, it's just me and Doc 99.9% of the time and my expectations are well tempered. Nonetheless, I had some pretty good hunts. Went opening morning, cause well..it's the opener. Got 3 woodies and a hen gaddy. Pretty sure that was the last gaddy I saw all year. They were basically non-existent in my area this year. Didn't go again till after Christmas. I pulled a couple goose eggs right there at the end of December, but I put ducks on the strap every hunt after that. Had 5 hunts in the last 2 weeks where I had my 4 greenheads and was back at the truck by 8.

teul2 likes this.
  10. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Gadwall came thru before Thanksgiving. East Central illinoiZ I got a pair one day