Yankee Waterfowlers HRC Test - Who's going?

Discussion in 'New England Flyway Forum' started by Mr.Bones, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

After dipping my foot into the tests last year and learning a ton! Going to give it a try this summer for the next title for the pooch!

Dates are May 31st and June 1st in Woodstock Ct -(info on the YWHRC site)
    http://www.ywhrc.com/

Would be fun to have some of the members here joining in!

Bones

2. Band Buster

Band Buster Elite Refuge Member

Was hoping to get you to come down to the Frank Pomes memorial HRC run down here April 26th and 27th Bones. Great event for the memory of a great guy! All are welcome Franks son I believe will be running Rebel. Please if you have some time please come and play. I am even coming out of retirement for this one! Grounds are in Calverton NY. on LI. about an hour from either ferry. Beautiful time of year usually... Would be great if a bunch of his pals could hang out and run dogs together he would have loved it! Anyone want more info please ask.

3. wsumner

wsumner Senior Refuge Member

I will be at YWHRC test as I am the co-chair for the event. I can promise that it will be well run and fun for all.

I will also be attending LIFTRC's test at the end of April. I will be judging Finish on Sat. and running dogs in Seasoned and Finished on Sun. Look for live flyers in Finished.

I judged Rebel many times. It was always a pleasure to see Frank and Rebel at the test. Great guy who will be missed. If possible I urge everyone to honor Frank and participate in the test.

Wayne

4. tpd5

tpd5 Refuge Member

I will be at ywhrc for Sunday definitely and possibly Saturday.

I am heading down to Long Island for both days.

Had a great training day with southern berkshire golden retriever club today. Excited for hunt test season to get going.

5. Mr.Bones

Dan,
    Wasn't even on my radar - with the boys in full swing of sports, not sure if I would be able to make it, but....as it is for Frank, will see if I can get some help up here for rides and try to get down there.

And Wayne - last year's event was, in my eyes - ran excellent! You and your team did an oustanding job and would expect nothing less this year!
    Running Seasoned - what are the components of that level?

Todd - will look forward to seeing you there!
    Bones

6. wsumner

wsumner Senior Refuge Member

Seasoned consists of 5 test. Dogs must deliver to hand.
    1. Double mark on land. (Max 100 yds)
    2. Double mark on water. (Max 75 yds)
    3. Land blind. (Max 60 yds)
    4. Water blind. (Max 60 yds)
    5. Walk up (may be land or water)
    There will also be a diversion but switching alone does not fail a dog. Strange rule. I never really understood why they even have it.
    Elements of the test cannot be combined. That means the blind will not be inside the marks and most likely be run from a different line.
    Dogs come to the line on lead and will be but back on lead if they move to another line. They must be steady and may not be restrained. The handler will handle a gun and shoot marks, blinds and walk up. Be aware of gun safety as you and the dog can be disqualified for improper gun handling.

7. Mr.Bones

Thanks Wayne - hopefully professor Jim P can help me run a few practices before hand! LOL
    Bones

8. Jim Person

Jim Person Senior Refuge Member

I'll be at YWHRC gunning the flier station on Sunday. Any time Bones, just give me a shout between games and practices. I'm off Sun./Mon./Tues.

9. Band Buster

Band Buster Elite Refuge Member

Bones I hope you can!

10. labout

labout Moderator

I'm right there also, I missed a fun test double with Wes Reed yesterday because of sports and I missed a Trap marathon today because of a soccer game in Woburn, MA..

I hope to at least run Darby at the NH test this year, but with all the state trap shoots and other todo list items, it's not looking to good

Good news is, Turkey season is only a few weeks away!

Labout